why do music nowadays suck so bad?

on the radio.musicians these days if you even want to call them that just suck horribly(some).there's not effort put into it all.it's like a pile of dog **** and the people keep eating it up

i used to listen to the radio i don't anymore but when people blast their music from the radio in their car i can't help having to hear it

Best Answer

People are too passionate about music that entertains than music that relates. Like, seriously. The best music are those you can relate to and music on the radio just don't give me that feeling. You can talk about chicks so much dude, like seriously man. I can't even think straight bro.

• **ek**

It's easier to love a band that is defunct or dead or whatever. Their catalog is complete, you know what you get.

Bands that are still in the game have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Sure, they are artists, but they are also a corporation. They have employees, they have a reputation, etc. It's a lot of pressure.

Do you seriously think that bands like nickelback have to write crappy songs? No, they don't. They know how to play their instruments, the singer has a good voice...they make music that sells.

Some of my favorite bands from 10 years ago are garbage to me...but they are still around. All the bands that I loved up until the time they retired from music were forced out of the business because they could no longer sell records, sell tickets, and make a profit.

I'm sure you can handle listen to 20 seconds of a Justin Bieber song from the car next to you. If you don't like new music, listen to older music, they've been recording it for years now.

Cuz No One Is Trying Anymore or The Record Companies ARe Only Looking For Looks Rtaher Than Talent....YOU CAN CHANGE THAT....Form A Band! Create Your Own Original Beats!

I can't exactly say that all music of today sucks since I listen to newer music myself but I'm getting really tired of songs that are just about sex and all that stuff. Why waste such a great chance to express your feelings and really involve an important issue and instead write meaningless songs? I can't listen to the pop radio stations since they play songs like ''I just had sex'' and other similar stuff. This is how you should write lyrics (it's a really political song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA

Youtube thumbnail

&ob=av2e

• Ryan H

Listen to The Flaming Lips and Tegan & Sara, just a couple of amazing artists that are recent and still active. even though the lips started in the 80's they are still releasing orgasmic sounds.

>on the radio.

Well there's your problem: you're listening to the radio.

There's an entire world of music waiting for you on the place called the Internet.

Omg you have NO idea how much i agree with this! I seriously refuse to turn on the radio and listen to all this pop techno crap! today i came across a Black Sabbath CD in the $5 cd section!!! I thought it was a mistake, but sadly it wasnt. It was highly depressing!

it's about making money these days and bother being creative like they use too.

If its musical talent you are looking for you've come to the right place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g

Youtube thumbnail