Jefferson airplane vs Quick silver messenger service?

which would you rather listen to?

BQ~ Jefferson airplane or Jefferson star ship?

starship was pretty good,but i like airplane better

Favorite Answer

Jefferson Airplane all the way, although I am always happy to give a shout out to QMS.

Quicksilver's best era was from 1967-1969, while their leader, Dino Valenti, was in jail. Acid-drenched Bo Diddley for 30 minutes per song. Once he got out, they changed a lot, and started focusing on pop songs. May Valenti always be blessed for writing "Let's Get Together", but his contributions to QMS helped ruin the band and hasten its breakup, imho.

The Airplane didn't last much longer, but they did last a *little* longer (with a peak from 1966-1970). Any band with Hot Tuna embedded in it is always going to sound fresh and interesting no matter how many bootleg shows you listen to. And the band had two great singers, two okay ones, and four productive songwriters. Their albums are fun to listen to in order too, because they provide a nice little paradigm for the entire history of the American counterculture in the 60's: from early optimism, to psychedelic visions, to scary freak outs, to political awareness, to political anger, to burn out and dissipation... (and,ultimately, crass consumerism in the Starship years) I've loved the Airplane from very early age, and have never grown tired of them.

Love Quicksilver too, but there just isn't as engaging a body of work in existence. Any bootleg live shows from 1967-1968 are recommended listening though.

So: Airplane.

BQ: For me, Jefferson Airplane by a million miles, although there are those who prefer the Starship years, which were the nadir for me. The Aiplane was a fascinating blend of diverse characters, each bringing with them a diverse element, which somehow managed to morph into something utterly new and groundbreaking. Jefferson Starship traded all that in for young Craig Chaquico, one of the most unimaginitive guitarists San Francisco ever produced, and losing both Marty and Grace meant tolerating Mickey Thomas, which I swear I will never do...

• Red

Jefferson Airplane

Quicksilver Messenger Service

BQ: Jefferson Airplane

• Mrs H

Jefferson Airplane

BQ-Like them both

• Kevin7

I like both but Jefferson Airplane and its offshoots were better

• angela

Airplane (Starship sucked)

I liked them both airplane and star ship the quick silver I do know. lol

(((Frijid)))

Source(s): Camille

That's tough, but Quicksilver. They were so ******* cool.

BA: Airplane, landslide