Steam account question?

I have counter strike that I downloaded through steam if my mate buys it with his own steam account can I just copy my files to his computer so he doesn't have to download it?

Favorite Answer

You can copy most of the files yes.

In your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps (or wherever you have Steam installed) folder copy the

counter-strike source binaries.gcf

counter-strike source client.gcf

counter-strike source shared.gcf

files to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps (or wherever he has Steam installed) folder on his PC

Then start Steam on his PC and sign into his account and click Play/Install and Steam will skip downloading those files. It will still have to download some files but will save him from most of the download.

Or you can just use the Steam backup feature.

Right-click Counter-Strike source in Steam on your computer and click 'Backup game files..." and Steam will create an installer with the files necessary to install the game. Then just copy those across to his computer and run the installer.

• Exade

He'll have to download it through his own steam.