xamanda asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

just dyed my hair, not liking it. please help?

ive been using boxes to dye my hair (nothing drastic) for a while now to get rid of redness from the first dye about a year ago..

tonight i used revlon colorsilk's soft black, even though i usually use colors like dark brown, and they fade quickly

well, this actually worked and came out BLACK. :/ what should i do to correct this? i want my hair brown.. how long do i have to wait before dying it?

thanks

Favorite Answer

Google: Warning-- Clairol Natural Instincts dye recall. Reason: wrong dye inside the kit.

It's possible yours was recalled too! It's just one of those things.

My advice? Call the 1-800# found on the box of dye or email them, (to find #, go online & search the brand if you don't have the box) they're the hair color experts they can advice you best.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."

Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) 

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.

Sources:

Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

You can just buy a box of chemicals that actually strips all the dye from your hair, so it'll go back to your original color. I also use Revlon ColorSilk, and if you don't want to strip the dye, just buy the Brown that's number 51. It leaves your hair a pretty shade of brown. My original hair color is black.

Source(s): Experience.

Dawn dish soap/detergent will fade a dark hair color. I've did this so many times when my hair came out too dark. Get some dish soap, like dawn or whatever brand you have in the house, go in the shower and put it in your hair like shampoo. Do it a few times, and scrub hard! It'll fade it, at least a few shades. Make sure to use condition after, as it makes your hair super dry and brittle. Good luck! :)

same exact thing happened to me! I was horrified. just wash it twice a day and in about a week it should be a LOT lighter. I dyed mine about 2 months ago and now it's brown the way I want it...which is my natural color. it takes some time though so you'll have to be patient...good luck! but don't try to dye it again to be brown because it will damage your hair greatly...

Source(s): expierenced the same thing!

I would wait at least a week and any color you use that is lighter than the color you already have on your hair wont do anything because color won't lift color. if you want it lighter i would use a color extractor or bleach it out. You might have to go to a stylist for this.

i would also use clarifying shampoo and a deep conditioner. It might fade after a few weeks but box color is very unpredictable.

If you can, have it PROFESSIONALLY stripped, they use chemicals that take color out of your hair, then I suggest you wait about a month before dying it again.