?

My dad told me girls aren't aloud to play video games?

My dad doesn't live with me, but my aunt takes care of me. So, my aunt bought me a ps3 a while ago, I believe it was 2 year ago? I dunno I'm not sure, so my dad told me that girls aren't aloud to play video games, only boys and he said i should learn how to cook for my future husband, but I'm only 15? I don't think about me finding a husband, I'm way to young for that crap! So, what should i do? There's so many good games coming out this year! Mass Effect 3, RE operation raccoon city, and The Last Of Us.

Favorite Answer

im 16 and some of my best friends who are girls play video games. some of the coolest, non nerdy people i know. dont worry about your dad. just have fun and do whatever you enjoy. add me on psn? JSchaff95 is my username. hope to see ya online!!

This reads like a troll question or some kind of lame joke.

Anyone can play video games, in fact females have been trouncing guys in competitive video game play for a while now. There have been stories on gaming sites about gamer girl teams being flown all around the world to play for cash and such.

But I do have to agree with your father some, don't give up learning essentials like cooking, and I don't mean for your husband, because things like cooking have far more value in the real world then being able to headshot another player across the map or whatever.

Video games are not essential to having a good life even though they an build good hand-eye coordination.

Your dad sounds like a sexist asshole. Don't listen to him, girls have exactly the same rights as boys and we can do whatever they can do. It sounds like your father needs a good hard smack.

I hope your aunt doesn't agree with your father, if she doesn't, just ignore him and play all the video games you want. Let your future husband figure out how to cook for himself. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do, you control your own life and you have the right to do anything you want.

Well tell your dad that some video games are made to prepare you for the future. Like rocksmith is suppose to teach you how to play guitar. Or some cooking game teaches you how to cook. Buy sum crappy cooking game (pre-owed probably like $10) and pretend to play it wen he comes. Or if he visits often say u already played the game enough times and wanted to play a diff game.

CANT WAIT FOR THE LAST OF US! GO NAUGHTY DOG!!!

You seem like an awesome chick and girls are allowed to play games don't do anything you don't want to do! You shouldn't really be looking for a husband at 15 anyways, keep on gaming but don't tell him that you play try to keep it a secret kinda.

No I play video games and I'm a girl. I think some of the games are fun. However, your dad is sexist

Your dad needs to join the real world. I'm a girl with a husband AND I play video games. Oosh!

With respect, his views are outdated and sexist. Play games. Learn to cook if you want, but do it for yourself so you can make yourself meals to eat!!

im 15 too, and i think that its attractive when a girl can play video games. Although given your situation, when you have a boyfriend, make sure he has a PS3 instead of an XBOX 360

Do what you like to do. Be yourself. If you like to play video games then play them. He is right about learning how to cook. It is never to early to learn how to cook. Cooking can actully be fun. But yeah play all the video games you want. If people don't like it then too bad for them. Lol

you've got one obvious sexist dad. Tell him to start treating the women in his life with some respect, and to cook his own dinners and clean his messes

And all my sister's play video games. So...you should keep playing!