Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

What is your favorite part of prayer?

I know the entire prayer is good. But maybe some of you have a specific favorite part about praying. If so what is your favorite part and why ?

There is a specific part of prayer that i like very much.

Its the prostration, when the forehead meets the ground. I like that part because it makes me feel like i have completely submitted to God, it feels very spiritual and powerful , peaceful and loving. I feel God's love <3 , since i'm nothing without him being in my life :'-)

plz star i need plenty of answers

Salaam (peace)

Best Answer

AL FATIHA!

TAHAJUD CRAYING

Did you know that if you get up Tahjud (after mid night )prayer and recite Al Fatiha loud enough that you can hear your self clearly and the rest of the verses or surahs that you know their meanings. You will most defiantlyly cry!.

Night prayer is very important and superior to day prayer because:

It is more concealed and closer to sincerity. The righteous early Muslims (salaf) used to strive hard to hide their secrets [f: i.e. the actions between them and Allah].

And because night prayer is harder on the lower self, because night is a time of rest from the tire of day, so leaving sleep despite the lower self being desirous of it is a tremendous struggle (mujahada). Some have said, ‘The best of works are those the lower self is forced to perform.’

And because recitation in night prayer is closer to contemplation, because things that busy the heart are mostly absent at night, so the heart is attention and is with the tongue in understanding, as Allah Most High said, ‘o! The night vigil is (a time) when impression is more keen and speech more certain. [Lo! You have by day a chain of business. So remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself with a complete devotion.]’ (Qur’an, 73: 6-7)

It is because of this that we have been commanded to recite the Qur’an in night prayer in a steady recital (tartil).

And it is because of this that night prayer is a shield from sin…

And because night vigil time is the best of times for voluntary worship and prayer, and the closest a servant is to his Lord.

And because it is a time when the doors of the sky are opened, supplications answered, and the needs of those who ask fulfilled.

Allah has praised those who wake up at night for His remembrance, supplication, and to seek forgiveness and entreat Him, saying, ‘They forsake their beds to cry unto their Lord in fear and hope, and spend of what We have bestowed on them. No soul knows what is kept hid from them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do.’ [Qur’an, 32: 16-17]

And He said, ‘Those who pray for pardon in the watches of the night.’ [Qur’an, 3: 17]

And, ‘[The (faithful) servants of the Merciful are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish one address them answer: Peace;] And who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing…’ [Qur’an, 25: 63-64]

Allah most negated similitude between those who pray at night and those who do not: ‘Is the one who worships devoutly in the watches of the night, prostrate and standing, fearful of the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, (to be accounted equal with a disbeliever)? Say: are those who know equal with those who know know? But only people of understanding will pay heed.’ [Qur’an, 39: 9]

Wa alaykum salam My favorite part of prayer is just like you in sujood at fajr prayer, because I feel on that time I surrender to Allah completely and I feel so calm and peaceful and i make a short duas to Allah swt who watches me Besides that in fajr time there are more than 50 000 angels watch me too and make duas for me I feel i am very weak without Allah's power laa haula wala quwata ilaa billahi aliyul adheem

The Sajda part, you just forget the whole world and all its problems, you feel at peace and just worship Allah, you feel complete because you fulfil you purpose in life that is to worship Allah alone =]

I also love the ruku part where when bow down to Allah alone, makes you humble and feel dependant on the All-Powerful :-)

As-Salam Alaykum =]

Every Part is my favorite part. The Peacefulness Alhamdu Lillah

• M S

Sujud / prostration we then most closer to Allah swt/God Almighty.

Surah Al-Alaq

Nay, Obey not thou him. But prostrate thyself, and draw near (unto Allah). (19)

Source(s): Quran96:19

Saying amen after fatiha and stressing on "Iyyaka nawbudu wa iyyaka nastayeeen"

yo me too! omg i feel so peaceful and happy :) and really close to Allah. when i pray alone i stay on the sijood part fot soo long especially when im tired.

I like the part after Fatiha when everybody says 'Ameen.'

It feels as if we are all close.

Yes! A servant of Allah is most closest to him when he/she is in sajdah. It's the most loved position by Allah. The most humble position one can get to. Inshallah I will die in sajdah. :)

Source(s): Love of Allah

praying Jummah and saying 'Ameen' with all the Muslims and angels!