Mando :) asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Chris Paul or Allen Iverson?

Who is/was a better basketball player in their prime?

Who would you rather build your franchise around?

Favorite Answer

Allen Iverson was better in prime

BUT

I rather build my team around Chris Paul, he's a playmaker which means he can work alongside another star great and he doesn't take too many shots

Allen Iverson can't win a title on his own but almost no matter who you set him up with he and the other star player need to jack up shots to win games and against Elite teams that won't work. You see how Iverson & Melo worked out.

Prime Allen Iverson was a better player in my opinion than Paul.

I would rather build my franchise around with The Answer.Iverson once helped the 76ers get to the finals in 2001.I not saying that CP3 can't do that and won't,but I just prefer AI.

Allen Iverson. He could play the 1 and 2. He was more athletic than Chris Paul.

It's all relative - what makes a better player in your opinion? Someone that can score? Or someone that can run a team?

Hands down I'd pick CP3 to run my team. He makes the players around him better. He is a better shooter than AI was. Yes, AI scored more but he put up a lot of shots and shot a low FG%.

CP3 is a leader that players will follow.

Not many players could play with AI. They tried bringing in talent around him but all those players just became average because AI dominates the ball so much. It always has to be in his hands. He fits best with role players - guys that will just play defense and on offense set screens or stay the hell out of the way.

And when it's the summer and I'm trying to sign free agents - More players would choose to play with CP3 over AI because they know they'll get the ball.

This is a hard one ! But no doubt the best player under 6ft A.I. To explain , ai is a much better scorer and to me has heart but the thing that A.I. had that cp3 dosen't have is a additude problem that was one of the reason why philly traded him and no one picked him up this year along w/ aging . Don't get me wrong to me cp3 is the best " FUNDEMENTAL " point guard in the nba and can score at well .. For example , game 1 last year against the lakers playoff series

- Wiz Khalifa :)

• Cincy

Paul, because he will pass the ball.