I need help finding books to read, please, please help!?

Recently, I have really been struggling to find books to read. When I find an author that I like, I tend to read all their books at once. Particularly in the holidays, I go throughout books fast, maybe a book a day, and I'm always looking for more to read. My favorite authors would have to be Terry Pratchett and J.K. Rowling. Recently, some other authors I really enjoyed have been Marilyn Kaye (the gifted series), Cassandra Clare ( the mortal instruments; the infernal devices), Bill Bryson (most of his more humorous novels: a walk in the woods, down under, ect), Meg Cabot (pretty much all her novels, I found the stand alone novels fantastic, but The Princess Diaries got boring after a while), Lily Archer (The Poison Apples) Ann Brashares (the sisterhood of the traveling pants), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes), Louise Rennison (the Georgia Nicolsen series: angus thongs and full-frontal snogging ect), Patrick Ness ( the chaos walking trilogy) and Michael Grant (Gone, Hunger ect). These have all really stood out for me. In the past I also enjoyed Celia Rees, Eoin Colfer and Phillip Pullman to name a few. I'm not looking to read any books that are too 'dense' at the moment, but please do mention them and I'll earmark them for the future. As for books to avoid, there aren't too many that spring to mind. I have noticed that a lot of people recommend Sarah Dessen to people who like Meg Cabot. I read her once, and it was okay, but I wouldn't read her again. The only authors I would really object to are Darren Shan and Garth Nix. So, if you have any ideas, please help me, I would really appreciate it!

Okay, thanks for all the help :) I have read a couple of those books, namely the house of night series, the redwall series and the warrior cats series. I will definitely be looking for the hunger games now though :) . Also, I forgot to mention that I'm 14 yrs old, although I dont always read books specifically for that age group. Thanks.

• b97st
    Favorite Answer

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Die for Me by Amy Plum

My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions edited by Melissa Marr & Kelley Armstrong

Angel Fire by L. A. Weatherly

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

Ultraviolet by R J Anderson

(Silence) Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Matched by Ally Condie

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Tempest by Julie Cross

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Well, im kind of weird in that ill read anything but some authors ive enjoyed are Bryce Courtenay (The Power of one), its quite a mature read, though, but i think it is an awesome book with a great morale, i also enjoyed the house of night series which is more of a fantasy series, by P.C cast and Kristen Cast though it seems more of a romance thing. I would also direct you to the hunger games series, but i see that has already been suggested. I did read the Redwall Series when i was young and enjoyed it thoroughly, the series is by Brian Jacque. Other than that im more into scientific books that arent really fantasy or light reading at all, but i hope i helped.

Source(s): Myself

I'm not sure how old you are but a really good series call Warriors by Erin hunter. There are four series but the last two are joint together. There are also field guides and super editions.

It's about four clans of warrior cat that live in a forest. They have customs a stuff and they are very unexpecting. They have prophecies that are quite confusing. I know a few people that read them and I have read all the books more than once. They never get old.

Source(s): I've read every book that the Erin's have ever released

Read "The Hunger Games" Trilogy. (By Suzanne Collins) They are truely amazing.

But read slow! They are just too good, so savour them!

Also the "Tomorrow Series" By James Marsden, they're not as fantacy but still amazing. There is 7 books (Althought they are quite short) And then a follow up serie 'The Ellie Chronicles" Which has three books.

They will blow you away. Both Amazingly talented authors.

Also i'm currently reading 'The Help' By Kathryn Sockett. Also VERY good

Okay seriously please read the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - IT IS AMAZING!

also The Keepers series by Lian Tanner is nice for some light reading.