Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 years ago

can i get arrested for doing this?

I just acquired a person's name and social security number. That person died in 1940s. I have an application that gives me points and if i join up for a credit card, i will get a whole lot of points. Will i get arrested if i use that info to sign up for the credit card. Keep in mind that it probably wouldn't work because that person wouldn't have a credit history. I just want those points. So, can i get arrested?

Favorite Answer

Sec. 208. [42 U.S.C. 408] (a) Whoever—

(7) (B) with intent to deceive, falsely represents a number to be the social security account number assigned by the Commissioner of Social Security to him or to another person, when in fact such number is not the social security account number assigned by the Commissioner of Social Security to him or to such other person...

Shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

• Flower

When the credit card company runs the SSN they will see the person is deceased. It is a crime to steal someone's identity, living or dead. It is another crime to give false information on that application. So you are committing several crimes and can be prosecuted.

It is a felony in all states to submit ficticious or false information in an attempt to gain credit.

Lol it must be for a GPT Website and yes you will be charged and probably charged as a felon. Dont do it its not worth it start referring thats the real money

It is called credit card fraud.

Brilliant. You should run for Congress.

yes you can. its fraud and theft

Yes you can...

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....