Problems with a 2001 Suzuki VL1500K1 Intruder?

Okay. here is my problem. My Intruder won't start at all it will turn over and all but won't fire. I have replace the spark plugs, battery, its getting fuel to the carbs and I cleaned the carbs today. and has good fuel and filter. If I pour some gas into the spark plug it self it will fire and run only for a little while. I talk to some people and did some research and they said it might be the crank shaft Position sensor (CSP) but come to find out my bike don't have one? Or they don't sell them. They also said that it might be the throttle position sensor (TPS) but what I have read if it went out it should still start. Just run like crap. So here I am asking the people for help. Any other ideas? Thank you

Favorite Answer

Inspect the carbs again.

Remove the jets and hold them up to the light - you should be able

to see through them.

The pilot jet openings are as thin as a pin head and get easily

clogged with bad gas.

The bike isn't getting fuel, you have carbs, carbs are usually gravity fed - 1 + 1 = something is causing a vacuum or something is blocked in the fuel line.

Pop the lid on the fuel tank, try again, $100 bucks it's a faulty lid vent.