What is the percentage of Mormons in the United States?

Someone told me that Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman were both Mormons. I didn't realize two of the candidates running for the Republican nomination were Mormons. Are they a large percentage of the US population? Are they considered a very successful or moderately successful group within the United States?

Update:

Economic success.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Although they only comprise a little less than 2% of the population as a whole, they make up a substantial voting block in three or four states. They are also the 4th largest church in the United States. Mormons have a reputation for honesty, and for devotion to their religion. Although converts come to the church predominantly from the poverty level, the average wage of a member is upper middle class. Of all the churches, the Mormon church is almost always within the top 1%, when it comes to yearly membership growth.

There appear to be an unusually high number of programmers and application developers within the Mormon church. The church embraces technology. Their main website, http://www.lds.org is one of the busiest websites, if not the busiest website of any church or religion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • balmer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

there are various human beings interior the US who declare to be Christians who're no longer. It does no longer be a real count variety. The question must be what proportion have faith Jesus rose from the ineffective and is the Son of God? (Jehovah) Then tally it up. you may locate lots of people who attend church homes don't think this. An occasion could be the Christian Catholics. have you ever learnt Hitler become a Catholic? And while he died, the Catholic Church claimed he died interior the call of Christianity? The Mormon's have faith they are Christians, yet carry on with a guy named Joseph Smith who won golden plates from the being Moroni, and Smith(a nineteenth Century guy) took over 2 many years to interpret the ten or 12 golden plates from an alien language into thirteenth Century English language. A addition to the Holy Bible. A e book from the Americas the place not one of the folk reported nor any remnants could be chanced directly to attest to the certainty of this e book. no longer in effortless terms like the Holy Bible which nevertheless the lands, rivers and peoples and information could be chanced on. Christian does not recommend what it did to start with. I now no longer say i'm a Christian after attending church at very nearly one in each and every of each and every denomination that there is interior the US and seeing what those denominations evaluate christian, isn't.

• Ammon
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Members of THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints come from all walks of life, and all economic strata. Some are homeless, and some are billionaires, and there is everything in between those two extremes.

The highest number of Mormons are in the same profession that the highest number of Jews are in...

the teaching profession.

The vast majority of Latter Day Saints tend to be middle class. Mormons are often innovators, inventors, and pioneers, and leaders in whatever group of people they are in. And this leadership is often a very quite kind of leadership.

A leadership by example.

Mormons are societies designated drivers. A Mormon may not be the smartest or the biggest or what have you, but Mormons tend to be the most reliable, and therefor, somehow Mormons tend to be promoted much in the same way that Joseph Of Egypt was promoted...

because Joseph Of Egypt was blessed by God, because Joseph of the Twelve Tribes Of Israel kept the commandments of Jesus Christ, and most especially the commandments regarding the law of chastity.

Mormons believe that if you keep the commandments of God, you will prosper in the land.

God gives power to those that love Him, and keeps His holy and righteous commandments, so that they can do God's will, and help their fellow humans, when they are in their greatest hour of need.

http://Mormon.org Chat.

God bless.

• Daniel
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Mormons represent slightly more than 1 percent of the U.S population - I think a CNN article I read just last night made an estimate of 1.3 percent of the U.S. population. Just like anyone else, there are lots of successful mormons and lots that are not. I think overall they are successful because mormons are mostly middle-class.

Source(s): Had a mormon classmate in high school.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

A little less than half of the world's Mormons live in the USA.

• HG
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

1.7% or approximately 6,058,907 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Unite...

From what I have read, they as a group have a higher educational and economic level than the US average. I am looking for a link and will update when I find a reliable one.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Approximately 2%. How do you define success?

• 8 years ago

Both the Pew Foundation for Religion and ARIS have done major surveys of the US. Mormons are either 1.4 or 1.6% of the population in their studies.

They are pretty average in economic terms. They tend to have large families and are more often married than other groups. They are one of the whitest religions.

http://religions.pewforum.org/

http://www.gc.cuny.edu/CUNY_GC/media/CUNY-Graduate...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

50%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.