Is there a band whose music is "like it was written in (your) soul"?

I've been listening to Pavement a lot lately. I go through phases where I rediscover the reasons why I've loved them for so long. It reminds me of the Dylan lyrics from "Tangled Up In Blue"

"And every one of them words rang true

And glowed like burning coal

Pouring off of every page

Like it was written in my soul from me to you"

Granted, he is talking about an Italian poet from the thirteenth century but I think the sentiment can apply to music.

Any band you fall in love with over and over again?

BQ: When you listen to the band do their lyrics and music seem so in sync with who you are that it's like they were born from your soul?

@The Bottom Line....Thanks for the concern but I'm secure in my identity

Best Answer

I get that feeling from albums more than the bands themselves. Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain has that affect on me. I remember my friend telling me he didn't like it because the lyric didn't make any sense, but I think they make sense in they're own jumbled, rambling kind of way. I think my mind kind of works the same way, it's a cocktail of unfinished thoughts and ideas. So Tonight That I Might See by Mazzy Star has that affect on me, too. It as if it was created with the sole purpose of comforting me. It seems like it kills me and then brings me back to life every time I listen to it.

BQ: Yes, very much.

The Velvet Underground, whenever I put their s/t on I have to listen to it all the way through. A shitload of nostalgia are in the songs, plus, it has the songs Candy Says, What Goes On, Pale Blue Eyes, I'm Set Free which are all the best in my opinion. Since you posted lyrics, I shall:

"I've been set free and I've been bound

Let me tell you people

what I found

I saw my head laughing

rolling on the ground"

BQ: Yesh

This will happen with different songs and different bands throughout your life. It depends on what you are feeling and going through at the time. Enjoy the music, but remember you are your own person, and you will need to 'make your own music' throughout your life. Certain songs will always cause you to recall certain events connected with the song, from the past. This will change as you grow, and your life changes. Normal feelings, but remember to be your own person, too.

I can't say a band overall, but there are artist that are like that to me, here are a few, Leonard Cohen, Harry Chapin, Dylan, Donovan, Chris De Burgh and Gordon Lightfoot. They all do that for me, and there are also a few more that do that to me.

BQ: yes

take care

dave

Taking Back Sunday

The raw emotion they put into most of their songs just sets my soul on fire. Even songs that i cant relate to at all, if i had been in that situation i probably would have used those exact lyrics myself.

I love the twists turns and depths they put into their lyrics, like true poetry, and the way it should be.

Not a Band,simply a man who had untouchable passion when it came to his Craft....

Beethoven

When I listen to his Music,I'm completely lost..Explaining every thought or feeling though,would take a lifetime,as his Music completely surrounds my being...

Insomnium. They always take me to new places everytime I listen to their music. It's something about them. Every note and every riff they make is just something to behold. They've helped me through quite a time Insomnium have.

one band i always fall in love with over and over with is Brand New. <3 BQ: yes it does :3

Keane. That's why they're my 3rd favorite band!

BQ: YES!

:]