How much do I have to put down on a land purchase?

I live in southern NH in Merrimack country and want to buy a piece of land that I can live out of a camper while I either have a house built or get a prefab.. I'm not sure what I'll do. I have a 34,000 annual salary and no obligations other than myself. I have a little under 2000 saved and I'll be... show more I live in southern NH in Merrimack country and want to buy a piece of land that I can live out of a camper while I either have a house built or get a prefab.. I'm not sure what I'll do. I have a 34,000 annual salary and no obligations other than myself. I have a little under 2000 saved and I'll be getting another half that on my tax return soon for a total of 3000. How much should I expect to pay for a half acre or so? How much should I expect to have to put down? I have somewhat low standards, I just want a safe place to call my own.

I don't know my credit but I don't think it's good. I owe like 400 on a student loan (I know it's so little.. I need to take care of it) and have a 3-years defaulted credit card loan of about 1000. I also owe AT&T and Sprint a couple hundred each... Oh I owe comcast like 100 bucks too. That's the basic gist of my debt, all of which is 3, 4 years old.

Generally speaking, how much should I expect to put down? I imagine no bank would let you build on land you're paying them a debt on, but I don't know anything. Please educate me! I can't find anything google

I almost think I might be cutting myself short????? If I could get a 40,000 home loan I've seen several homes in that range online that I'd be content with.
1 answer 1