Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 years ago

Does anyone know what the specific requirements are to be an attorney in Vermont?

I would like to 'read' the law in Vermont and obtain a license to act as an Attorney. My background is in Accounting so I have some knowledge of the law. I am aware that you must pass the BAR exam as well as the character fitness assessment. I do know that you can become an attorney without Law school (In Vermont and a minority of other states) but are any further requirements needed other than passing the BAR?

Favorite Answer

(g) An applicant shall have pursued the study of law with special reference to the general

practice of law:

(1) for a period of not less than four years within this state under the supervision of an

attorney in practice in the state who has been admitted to practice before this Court not less

than three years prior to the commencement of that study, or

(2) in any jurisdiction of the United States or common law jurisdiction in a law school

approved by this Court which maintains a three-year course leading to a law degree.

So, you either have to attend an accredited law school or study with an attorney for 4 years within the state, and that attorney must have passed the bar more than 3 years prior.

Actually, no you cannot become an attorney in Vermont without attending an American Bar Association Accredited Law School. These are not statutes, they are the Rules of the Supreme Court of Vermont. The Vermont Bar Association has them available for you to read. The complete Admission Rules are available here:

http://www.vermontjudiciary.org/LC/d-BBELibrary/BB...

• thao

im no longer definite if the age differs in each and every state however in which i are living you must be 18 it doesn't matter what. and if you happen to uncover a situation so that it will mean you can do it with out a guardian and you're underage its in most cases no longer a well proposal. Tattoo's are valued at the money you spend, i uncover the extra you pay the larger outcome you are going to get, and i do know that sucks. If you choose getting a tatto be certain to appear on the artist's portfolio of all of the paintings they've performed, you may also no longer like their variety.