Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 8 years ago

I got into a car accident...what do I do?

I just got into an accident, do I go to court or pay the ticket fine?

I was driving my car the road was slippery and the car in front of me slipped and stopped her car. I was behind her and tried to stop but the car slipped and I hit rear endeared her.

I got a ticket for ACDA and the officer said it was my fault for not stopping earlier. Thing is, the road was slippery and icy and I did try to stop but the car slipped.

Considering our state has a point system, I lose 2 points of 12 and if I lose more my licensee is suspended. If I pay the $130 ticket it technically says I'm guilty...even though I didn't stand in the middle of the road. I tried stopping but because of the road the accident happening. My car is messed up, hers is fine.

What am I supposed to do? Go to court say I'm not guilty and if found guilty pay the court cost and the ticket? If I pay the ticket I'm saying I'm guilty and it'll affect my insurance...

The road was downhill and icy, how was I suppose to know she would stop in the middle of the road after moving her car. She moved her car then just stopped as I was about to turn?

Is this something I can fight or will I just lose and pay the court fees on top of the ticket. I just hate the fact of saying I was guilty when I'm not. I did stop but because of the hill and because of her stopping right before I turned I hit her. How is it my fault?

Favorite Answer

If you could not stop, then it is your fault for driving when unsafe to do so or for driving too fast for road conditions. The only way it is not your fault is if she was backing up, and backed into you. Sorry, but these things happen. Pay the $130, lose your 2 points and vow to be more careful on icy roads.

"The road was downhill and icy, how was I suppose to know she would stop in the middle of the road after moving her car. She moved her car then just stopped as I was about to turn?"

You have to assume that the vehicle in front of you can stop anytime, for any reason, and maintain a safe following distance. That safe following distance is increased if the roads are wet or icy. You will not successfully beat this ticket.

• Ken G

You are clearly guilty of driving too fast for the slippery road conditions.

It is always the driver's responsibility to drive at a safe speed and that you clearly did not do.

Ice on the road is no excuse for being in an accident and doing property damage. This time you lose big time. You are lucky you did not kill yourself.

properly, I positioned my excellent leg then left leg in nowdays. yet when I positioned on heels I do it like your spouse. I dont extremely recognize why, it only takes position that way. i latterly retired when I grew to change into 40-one so i do not positioned on heels plenty anymore. i like barefoot using the most suitable. Oh guy, this is the existence! yet i imagine it really is unlawful so I shop my clogs or turn flops close! using with intense heals is difficult, plus it messes up your shoe heels, quite in case you stress a guide....