Command Prompt isn't Working?

For a while now, my command prompt has not been doing things correctly. If I type "ipconfig" and press enter, it doesn't recognize it as a command...at ALL. Instead, it only works if I type in "start ipconfig". And even then, it carries out the process really quickly (a window pops up... show more For a while now, my command prompt has not been doing things correctly. If I type "ipconfig" and press enter, it doesn't recognize it as a command...at ALL. Instead, it only works if I type in "start ipconfig". And even then, it carries out the process really quickly (a window pops up briefly, flashes text at like 238427349284 mph and then closes).

I haven't, for the life of me, been able to fix this at all! I'm pretty sure it isn't a virus or anything, but it is driving me nuts! I can't do any processes to poke and prod my computer anymore, so I really need help in fixing this issue.
1 answer 1