[Judas Priest] Metal Meltdown vs. Painkiller?

My friend and I got into this little conversation/argument, and we tried to break it down to brass tacks but still found that we couldn't find a clear opinion we could both agree on. In the end we left off and didn't reach a conclusion, but it sure was fun as heck arguing about it!

So now I want to see what other Priest fans think. We broke the songs down to categories so it'd be easier to compare...tally up your votes at the end and let's see which song off the 1990 album kicks the most butt :)

1. VOCALS - Halford's performance, which song shows it more?

2. LYRICS - which song has the better lyrics?

3. LEAD GUITAR + SOLO - in which song does K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton showcase their virtuosity/innovative abilities more?

4. ENERGY - you know, which song induces that metal vibe more? This, more than any of the others, I think, is a subjective question - but no less valid.

5. COMPOSITION - which song is more technically advanced/complex? This is NOT the same as the third question. It includes the bass lines, the drumming (Painkiller intro anyone?), all other aspects and how they come together as part of the song.

Btw, you're allowed to draw ties for each point, but at the end give each song a x of out 5 and there you have your opinion - you might even surprise yourself.

@ Francis... "forgot lyrics"? .

Favorite Answer

1. Vocals: Painkiller, while he sings with his regular voice in Metal Meltdown, i can't not give the prize to Painkiller here

2. Lyrics: Painkiller, Metal Meltdown's lyrics were always a little cheesy, while most would probably say the same about Painkiller i like the lyrics in it

3. Lead: Painkiller, the solos in Painkiller are some of my favorite guitar solos ever really shows what this legendary duo can do, the intro solo to Metal Meltdown is awesome too, but its solos never hit me as hard as the ones in Painkiller

4. Energy: Painkiller

5. Composition: Painkiller, it just has everything the screams, the solos, the drums; its exhilarating

Final: Painkiller: 5 Metal Meltdown: 0

don't get me wrong, i really like Metal Meltdown as well, its my 3rd favorite track on the record, but Painkiller is my standout favorite from the album

Metal Meltdown Lyrics

Painkiller. Classic monitor and album, mostly Priest's last real pleasant album. BQ: I by no means cared for Ripper Owens and to me, Judas Priest are not able to be Judas Priest with out Halford. I will admit despite the fact that, Rob fails continue to exist Painkiller.

Painkiller in every category.

Metal Meltdown is a good song, but Painkiller is legendary. That whole album was an entirely new style for Judas Priest, and the title track makes it clear right away that Priest was better than everyone else who though they knew how to push the envelope.

Painkiller Since It Was There Most Metal Song I Think

Painkiller is a better song.. It is pointless to compare every little aspect of song because that is not the way you should judge songs and you forgot lyrics.

• Duck

Painkiller for sure