Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Best movie ending you have ever seen?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

A Pure Formality (Une Pure Formalité), 1994, with Gérard Dépardieu and Roman Polanski. The ending is so good that on the way out through the lobby, some people still hadn't "gotten" it yet (maybe in the parking lot?). Outstanding plot and acting!

• ?

I thought the ending to The Departed was pretty awesome....everybody dies. I sort of couldn't even catch my breath before the next person was getting shot in the face.

The Prestige has one of the best movie endings I've ever seen.

The Usual Suspects

Fight Club

Big Fish...the story he tells his Dad about how he dies....so great.

I know it's not as serious as the other movies listed, but loved the end of Hot Tub Time Machine. When the guys get back to the present and find out their friend who stayed behind is super rich and so are they, that is awesome!

• ?

Um... Probably the ending to ''E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial'', because that was the all-clear that I could open my eyes!!! ;) That movie terrified me!

But if you want an answer that's not intended to be a joke, I really liked the ending to the film ''James Cameron's Avatar''. I thought it was an excellent ending to an excellent movie, although that's just my opinion.

The Sixth Sense

• ?

I have a lot of favorites, but I really loved Inception's ending because it just blew my mind away! It's an unclear ending and leaves audiences wondering what happened. They'll start debating and arguing over one simple ending xD

• ?

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVdVocHe18

The ending is perfect.

One of my Favorite movie endings is the end of Basic. When the detective realizes what actually happened and how everyone died (or didn't), it is absolutely brilliant.

The Usual Suspect's was Awesome, I never predicted it and most people I have spoken to didn't. Class film