Why don't the Jews accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah(lord and saviour) but merely a prophet? Part 2?

Thank you for all your responses some food for thought. I am glad everyone so far is being open minded and really providing help with out being critical. Now i want to expound a little more to get more info. I would say all of turmoil in this world can be traced back to some sort of religious belief or someone’s interpretation of their holy book etc... I also think there is a lot of Blind leading the Blind. Do all three religions believe in the 10 commandments or just the Christians and the Jews? is there a commonality of the three religions? I do know that religions do like to do a lot of converting of people to their faith. Do we agree that in general in the African country of Egypt there was pharaoh who thought he was a Demi-God (some pharaohs) and the slaves (the Hebrews) were freed by Moses? And those people are Gods chosen people and those people are the Jews. Do all three religions believe in this Exodus story? Now on to the converting. To my understanding of Islam is that Islam

is the culmination of all the religions. There is only one religion which is Islam. I never picked up a Quaran but i did after 911 to find out why this is happening. Did not take me long to find early in the book 3 steps to convert. 1. Convince them if that doe snot work 2. tax them if that does not work. 3. Destroy them. and Also look for the people preaching peace and there you will find your enemy. Ok Christianities’ mission is convert the Jews to Christianity 1. You can only to get to God through Christ word and the only way in to heaven is by Gods grace. 2. Convince the jews that God has sacrificed his only son for their sins and he forgives you but please obey me. 3. The two greatest Christain commandments is to Love God with all your heart and to love thy neighbor. 4. teach the jews the Spirit (deadly sins) not just live by the law(10 commandments) it is my understanding that if the Jews are Gods chosen people and it says in Bible that faith has evolved why don't they believe

that Christ words are divine. I am Christian(still learning of course) and I am pretty sure one of my purposes in life is to convince the Jews that God has chosen you to be his favorite so please listen to HIS son to get into heaven and once they are all converted then essentially Revelation end of the world etc... Will be upon us. However I don’t see this happening anytime soon. So please don't hate the Jews but educate them. I wish that all of these monuments over in the East could be dismantled seems that it could misinterpreted by God as breaking the idolatry commandment. Worship God not land and buildings. Seems that people are putting to much faith in these materials. Deos this sound right? Please don't criticize me this forum is for discussion and insight that’s all. If anyone has something negative to say keep it. Educate me. Or tell me your opinion. Thanks

Update:

OK Aravah Your obviously Jewish. I am trying to be humble. For Clarity I wil stop saying YOUR Messiah. How ABOUT THE Messiah! GODS SON . THE GOD YOU WORSHIPS SON . GOD OF ABRAHAM. THE CHRISTAIN GOD.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

We do NOT believe Jesus is the messiah, we do NOT believe Jesus is divine, we do NOT believe Jesus was aprophet, we do NOT believe Jesus was a Rabbi, we do NOT believe Jesus was a teacher- and, from the way the Christian scriptures portray him, Jesus was not even a particularly good Jew!

Heh, and it is clear you are completely ignorant about Jewish beliefs. Really, do you think that showing off your ignorance about Judaism will make Jews convert rather than just laugh at your ignorance?

edit: As per usual we see the clown giving out complete nonsense as if it was truth. His diatribe has nothing to do with Judaism, acuracy or real Jewish beliefs, just with an attempt to undermine authentic Judaism to promote his Christian missionary cult that utilises lies and deceit (as does his his answer) to try and convert Jews. the easiest element (and one he utilises to try and claim Jews accept beliefs other than Cjristianity mixed into Judaism and thus to create hatred of Judaism amongst Christians) is his lies about the Donmeh. Lets see what that the official answer from "Ask the rabbi" at Yeshivah.org.il, a website representing multiple Orthodox, Harieid Yeshivahs, had to say:

edot: As can be seen by the clown's answer. "messianic jews" are desperate to spread msinifprmation about Jews and he continuously repeats the same lies trying to make out that the "messianic jews" are singled out. ALLL mixing of other religions with Judaism are forbidden in Judaism- anyone mixing in elements of other religions with Judaism is NOT part fo the Jewish people, is an apostate and outside of the Jewish community uness they repent. His lies about the Donmeh have also repeatedly been exposed, here is a direct answer for the question of the status fo the Donmeh in Judaism:

What is the status of the Donmeh?

Rabbi Ari Shvat

Question:

Are the Donmeh, the followers of Sabbatai Zvi that took on Islam but practised some Jewish laws in secret, considered Jewish at att or would they require a full conversio to be considered Jewish?

Answer:

Shalom Marc,

The Donmeh have been removed from the Jewish community for many generations, and have often intermarried and assimilated with non-Jews (including many who’s spouses underwent non-kosher conversion). This need for them to undergo a full conversion is also clearly in their interest as well, especially those followed their custom of taking each other’s wife, where if they were Jewish, their offspring would be considered mamzerim (bastards) and wouldn’t be allowed to marry Jews. But as gentiles, requiring full conversion, they are allowed to marry Jews.

With Love of Israel,

Rav Ari Shvat

from http://e.yeshiva.org.il/ask/?id=5628

Where do we see the typical kind ofmisrepresentation the "messianic jewish" cult indulges in? Here people should go the link to the Jewish encyclopedia the clown posted to see how he misrepresents it. Lets see what they say about the Doenmeh and Judaism:

"The community is outwardly Mohammedan (following the example set by Shabbethai); but in secret observes certain Jewish rites, though IN NO WAY making common cause with the Jews, whom they call "koferim" (infidels)."

"They work for the Turks when a religious observance PREVENTS other Jews from doing so, and for the Christians on Sunday. "

Hmm, doesn't look lik,e the article claims the Doenmeh are Jewish or recognised by Jews as Jewish. And as the link I posted, from a website representing multiple Orthodox Yeshivahs and Judaism as it is practised today makes it very clear, the Doenmeh are NOT considered Jewish!

Similarly, the rest of his claimsabout Judaism and Jewish practoces are lies and misrepresentations of what Jews believe, sadly, the Clown actually thinks if he repeats these lies often enough he will get people to believe them

Source(s): Orthodox Jew; acting Rabbi
    • Lyle Dale6 years agoReport

Great post! So now I wonder what is the difference (if any) between the Christian versions of the old testament found in the Christian Bible and the Hebrew version? (Torah)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

answer: No, you don't have anything to educate us over. STOP TRYING - your ARROGANCE is pitiful and you are abusing the forum

1) Jesus was not the Jewish Messiah

2) Jesus was not a prophet for Jews

3) Divine birth/divinity (the Jewish Messiah will NOT be divine. He will be human.) G-d cannot become human: Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Hosea 11:9, Ezekiel 28:2, Numbers 23:19

Performing Miracles – the Jewish Messiah will NOT perform miracles but will accomplish them

Taking on the sins of others: no one can take on the sins of others: Deuteronomy 24:16, Exodus 32:30-35, Ezekiel 18:1-4, 20-24; 26-27

Breaking the Sabbath – the Jewish Messiah will be observant.

Sacrificed/Rising from the dead: G-d rejects human sacrifice and blood sacrifice is NOT an absolute requirement for the absolution of sin – Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Jeremiah 19:4-6, Psalm 106:37-38, Ezekiel 16:20, Leviticus 5:11-13, Jonah 3:10, Leviticus 17, Leviticus 5:11-13, Numbers 16:47, Numbers 31:50, Isaiah 6:6-7, Jeremiah 7:22-23, Psalm 51:16-17. There will be no rising from the dead until the Messianic Age. The Jewish Messiah won’t be a sacrifice that has to rise from the dead.

Prophecies Unfilled – the Jewish Messiah will accomplish ALL the prophecies in one lifetime.

The Jewish Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17, Jeremiah 22:18, 30). But according to Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel

Communion – the ‘last supper’ – No Jew would ever call upon followers and fellow Jews to even symbolically consume blood and flesh. (Leviticus 17)

Jesus is worshiped – the eternal covenant between G-d and Jews is that Jews will worship G-d and only G-d and G-d does not become a man. Numbers 23:19, Hosea 11:9, 1 Samuel 15:29, Job 9:32-33, Ezekiel 28:9, Hosea 4:15, Malachi 3:6

thanks to What Jews Believe website, Mama P and tweaking of my own (Aravah)

No dice - YOU are not reading. The Jewish Messiah will NOT be divine, will NOT be "G-d's son", will NOT be the G-d of Abraham and is NOT the Christian G-d.

Is that clear enough?

Source(s): ex Christian
  • 4 years ago

Do they even accept him as a prophet? :S (edit) A few of the reasons I stole from a Jewish guy on here once: * The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26) * Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4) * The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17) * He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10) * The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2) * Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4) * Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9) * He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10) * All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12) * Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8) * There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8) * All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19) * The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11) * He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7) * Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5) * The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23) * The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55) * Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9) * The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot * He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9) * Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33) * He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4) * He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).

• 8 years ago

We don't accept JC as our messiah (which does NOT mean lord and savior) because no Jew on earth believes that God would become human. The word messiah simply means anointed as in an anointed king. Jews do not accept JC as a prophet because nearly all of the NT stories have been plagiarized from the Tanakh.

Jews don't need a "lord and savior" because God was, is, and always will be our One and Only Lord and Savior.

If you're truly interested in Judaism, you won't learn here on Y!A. It takes at least a year of study and participation within the Jewish community before one can BEGIN to learn about it. Read some of the books and websites often recommended here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judaism has changed since the time of Jesus. Most Jews started to believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The other Jews had to do something to stop it so they changed their canon of Scripture to remove books that supported the beliefs of the early followers of Jesus, created new traditions (Talmud) rejected translations of scripture that was considered informative (Septuagint), redacted their scripture (Masoritic text), added curses against anyone that believed in the Messiah (Blessing of the heretics). to their prayers. It still has not stopped many Jews from recognizing Jesus as their Messiah.

There are two kinds of Jews. Jews that believe that Jesus is the Messiah and Jews that don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. The non Messianic Jews do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah and the Messianic ones do. The non Messianic Jews include Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, Beta Israel, Karaites and Donmeh. There are also Jews called Jewiches (Wiccan Jews) and Jewbus (Buddhist Jews).

Strangely, some Non Messianic Jews insist in defining Messianic Judaism as a form of Christianity. This way they can claim that they are following another religion. They also tell you that only Jews get to decide who Jews are. In the same breath they tell you who Christians are. In this way they get to define Christianity yet and at the same time Christians don't have a right to decide who Christians are.

Some have said that that Judaism is a Messianic religion and that all Jews are Messianic but this has only come about since the incredible popularity of the Messianic movement. So some non Messianic Jews appear to be trying to steal the Messianic name.

Non Jews don't believe that Messianic Jews are Christians. The problem is people calling themselves Messianic Jews are as diverse in beliefs and practices as Non Messianic Jews, so it’s hard to pin down universal beliefs that some here insist that they have.

A person becomes a Jew by being born of a Jewish mother or converting to Judaism. Once a person is a Jew they are always a Jew.

There is one exception for is belief that Jesus is the Messiah. Jews will tell you that Messianic Jews have joined another religion the moment they start believing he is the Messiah.

At the same time you have Jews practicing Paganism (Jewitch), becoming Buddhists (Jewbu) and joining the Unitarian Church and they will say that they are still Jews. Yet you will never see any complaints about that. (please google these terms and see for yourself.) You will never see a group forming for the sole purpose of stopping Jews from becoming Jewitches!

All of these religions have a very different understanding of who God is but they will tell you that belief in Jesus invalidate a persons Jewishness because they have a different understanding of who God is.

They will accept the Pagan Buddhist and Unitarian influences on Jewish practice but not from Jesus. Some will even admit that Jesus just taught traditional Judaism but wasn't anything special even though he taught others that he was the Messiah.

Jews can join other religions and still be considered Jews Examples of this are Jewbus (Jewish Buddhists), Jewitches (Pagan or Wiccan Jews) and Donmeh (Muslim Jews. Here is a link on information on Donmeh

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=4...

The Donmeh and the followers of Rabbi Schneerson also believe that the Messiah has already come although they don't believe in the same Messiah as the Messianic Jews they are still considered Jews. The Jewish encyclopedia refers to both of these groups as Jews Since you can practice other religions and still be a Jew you should still be a Jew if you believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

Jews will admit that Christianity started out as a sect of Judaism and that Jesus and all the apostles were Jews. They will also tell you that Jews that are trying to live that life are not Jews. So you know that all the rules are being bent for this one group. It’s just a matter of prejudice.

Someone asked a question about worshiping the Fire God Ferris here on Yahoo. The focus of the question was" ...would you PERSONALLY feel comfortable welcoming me not just as a fellow congregant at your Synagogue, but as a member of the Tribe?" (so he was clearly asking about converting to Judaism).

The response was "Reform Judaism covers a wide swath of beliefs and practices and I am sure you will be wholly accepted. ... I personally would accept you whole heartily as a fellow Jew."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkytT...

Messianic Jews are just other members of the tribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDs90l7Zkyc

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

jews accepted Jesus as God. that's how the word spread: 2 billion christians now. no?

thru abraham's seed every family of the earth was blessed. no?

warning: 80ftdinosaurs will come out from underground through sinkholes and lakes, and start eating people up; antichrist is a white gay man with red eyes; mark of the antichrist is a green electronic tattoo with sixes that is given by lasers when one stretches their hand to receive a new small gray world passport; ufos=demons=aliens=ascended masters=ghosts=channeled entities=dead relatives during seances=spirit guides=pagan gods=greys etc.; atlantis (where aliens make humans their puppets) is underneath mariana trench; china will attack russia; don't worship the antichrist; don't take his mark; don't go into a ufo ship under any circumstances

• 8 years ago

Look, you're not going to convince any of us about the divinity of Jesus. It's just not going to happen. Can I convince you that Isaiah 53 is about Israel (which it is, if you read it in Hebrew and in context)? That verse 5 says "wounded" (which it does if you actually know Hebrew) and not "pierced"? And on and on and on..........................

• Tim
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Why do Christians accept him as a savior and not simply a prophet? Why don't you worship Thor, or Zeus, or Ra?

• 8 years ago

us jews don't even think Jesus was a Prophet. To us, he was just a man.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because he didnt fit the prophecy that the jews had.

Source(s): Ex Jew for Jesus, Ex Christian
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.