Are boeing 747's still in commission?

obviously the plane is nearly 40 years old, just curious if the plane is still used or whether boeing de-commissioned the fleet. Or even perhaps if some obscure company still uses them for commercial or cargo use? Just curious, to the best of my knowledge I have not seen a flying 747 in the sky for nearly 10... show more obviously the plane is nearly 40 years old, just curious if the plane is still used or whether boeing de-commissioned the fleet.

Or even perhaps if some obscure company still uses them for commercial or cargo use?

Just curious, to the best of my knowledge I have not seen a flying 747 in the sky for nearly 10 years.
Update: Just to clarify, still in commision like DC9's were used long after they stopped being produced.
Update 2: Just to clarify, still in commision like DC9's were used long after they stopped being produced.
Update 3: Just to clarify, still in commision like DC9's were used long after they stopped being produced.
Update 4: Just to clarify, still in commision like DC9's were used long after they stopped being produced.
Update 5: Thanks for the INFORMED answer bill, some people... naming no names, are obviously ignorant that the 747 has seen various incarnations.