Kyla asked in SportsCycling · 9 years ago

What size bike frame do i need?

I have about a 30" inseam, and am 5'2", what size frame should i get, and is there anything else i need to know about my bike size?

Im looking for a hybrid.

• John M
    Favorite Answer

Go to the local bike shop and get fitted. Frames vary between manufacturers so there is no set size.

30 x .59 = 17.7 inches for a mountain bike 2-4 inches of clearance standing over the frame.

30 x .65 = 19.5 inches for a road bike 1-2 inches of clearance standing over the frame.

Edit:

For a hybrid it will be the same as a road bike. Look at the stand over height and get a frame that is 1-2 inches less then your actual inseam with shoes on.

If U stand over your frame, there should be approx 1 inch of clearance between your nut buddies and the top bar of your frame. If there is no clearance U could be heinously injured should a mishap occur~

Timothy

:o)

49cm from seat post to center of bottom bracket.

Check out the Specialized Sirrus. I have a white older model, it's a great bike.

I have the older version of this one: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp...