Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 9 years ago

What order do I watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ciph
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are two series 1 orderings, 2006 broadcast order, and chronological (DVD) order. Episode 1 of both is the same (so it's the only one out of chronological order in both orderings). (To the other answerer, Episode 1 is "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina")

Series 2 added 14 more episodes - which weave about the timeline of series 1, and in 2009 they re-aired both series woven together in proper chronological order.

So you have several options, go for the 2006 broadcast order, the series 1 DVD order, or try and watch the 2009 chronological order of 28 episodes (screw this option !).

Do yourself a favor though and just watch series 1 in the DVD order (or broadcast order if you're feeling brave, but you'll have to keep consulting the wiki for a guide as to which episode to watch next).

Then, watch series 2 (gets hard to watch at times - they get stuck in a "groundhog day" time loop for EIGHT EPISODES - aka "Endless Eight"), then the Movie "the disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya". Definitely watch series 2 before the movie (but you can skip the "endless eight" episodes if you like).

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 1, 12, 11, 9

• 9 years ago

i have no idea if this is right, but isnt there a film? called The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina? maybe you could start watching that first.

ive only just found out about it, so i may watch it too :']

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.