Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Synyster Gates vs Daron Malakian?

Which one is a better musician? Personally i prefer Daron Malakian. He covers every genre of music beautifully. Synyster can shred.....thats it. Which is cool in all, but in my opinion, overrated and over done. But i want to hear what you guys think.

Btw Daron - System of a Down

Synyster - Avenged Sevenfold

Favorite Answer

Its potentially impossible to compare these two guys.. Syn Gates is good, but Daron Malakian is better man.. i would prefer listening to daron's solos whole day, shredding is quite impossible to bear after some time.. show me one song where syn can play like Lonely day's solo..

So, its Daron Malakian for me!!

** Plus point :Daron can sing better than Serj too :)!!

Synyster Gates is the most overrated guitarist in history. Granted, he's good at what he does, but there is a fine line between skilled and "the best guitarist ever".

Personally, I enjoy Avenged Sevenfold more than System of a Down, but I'd take Daron over Brian if we're talking guitarists.

Listen to more A7x..... Soad is alright, but any one of syns solos will beat any by Daron. Seize the day, so far away, victim, to end the rapture, chapter 4, dear god, bat country, and critical acclaim are all good examples of the beauty that gates can accomplish with his guitar. He's not over rated at all. Sure he shreds a lot more now, but his older solos are much better and don't always involve shredding.

I love both bands. I prefer Synyster's guitar playing, though. Both are pretty unique guitar players, at least I think so. That meaning both have kind of their own style, you can pretty much tell when either one of them is playing.

I like Syn better, mainly because he rights most of a7xs riffs. I never really cared for soads guitar, but it certainly suits their music. Really heavy powerchords and whatnot, with cool licks here and there, but it is mostly about Serj and his strange vocal melodys.