Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

if someone says "next thursday" and she's saying this on a wednesday, does that mean the next day?

or a week later???

I ask a professor if she's given the first exam yet.. She says, " no, that will likely happen next thursday"?

She said this today, (wednesday).. So would you take her answer to mean that the exam is tomorrow or a week from tomorrow? Yes, i know that in a technical sense it would mean tomorrow, but dont most people actually mean a week from tomorrow if they say "next thursday" when thursday is the very next day? What do you think?

I have no idea where the "'" came from in my question. Its sposed to say "if someone says next thursday and she says this on a wednesday, does that mean the next day?

also, i dont know why this question defaulted to singles and dating section.. Im not interested in dating my professor. She's much too old for me.

Maybe her daughter though. But she'd have to be semi-hot. otherwise im not interested.