Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Is it feasible that Ron Paul is a Freemason?

I'm not talking about illuminati conspiracies or anything like that. I'm talking about the fraternal society to which countless Middle-American, Protestant bourgeoisie have belonged--the group which, until comparatively recently, tended to hold much the same policy as Ron Paul does now. Think America First between the wars and such...

Chosen1, not at all. No fraternal society does. I'm pondering whether Paul is the last rallying, though of a certain American class and culture that's been forgotten about a lot over the past 50 years.

Actually, no, I'm not talking about Skull and Bones or some elite society like that. I'm talking about a Middle American league of Main Street merchants.

Favorite Answer

As JR said Ron Paul is NOT a Freemason.

You will find if you talk to a group of Freemasons that their political leaning run the gambit. Form very conservative to liberal Democrat and everything in between.

It really depends on where you are. Where I live most tend to be more conservative, but not too far to the right. In the nearest metropolitan area to me, you may find more that lean left.

The key is most Freemason don't talk politics, expect with close friends and Brothers. This is a forbidden topic in a Masonic Lodge, although not at the collation before or after the Lodge opens and closes. Like the vast majority of US citizen masons have the same concerns; who will be the next president, what is happening to the economy and these things.

You may be onto something with the 'certain American class and culture that has been forgotten about over the last 50 years'. Many of the members I talk to, from ages 95 to 25, feel they fit into this forgotten class. A class that does not feel 'entitled' like the OWS crowd, yet feels the big banks and big government have gone too far. They just want to live their lives and raise their children without worrying about who is going to strip more money out of their paycheck or retirement fund. I could go on but you get the point.

Many of these men join Freemason. Maybe as some refuge from the chaos of the outside (profane) world if only for a few hours once or twice a month.

Source(s): I am a Freemason
  • J. R.

Ron Paul is not a Mason. His Father was, but Ron Paul never joined the fraternity himself. Masonry was not and is not about a class or culture however, nor did Masonry ever hold a political philosophy by which one could compare such as being indicative of a person being a Mason or not. I'm not sure if summing up Masonry or Masons as "Middle-American Protestant Bourgeoisie" was meant as an insult... I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it was not... but that is quite far from the truth as far as the historic and current make-up of Freemasonry, the opinions of the fraternity, or even any appreciable share of its members.

All that said, the fact of a person being a Mason, or as in Paul's case, his father being one, will by human nature impact a person's opinions and beliefs just as his religion, social class, or cultural background will. So can parallels be found? Sure. Do they amount to much in and of themselves? In this case probably not.

Source(s): -Freemason

I had a friend when I was a bit younger who was a pagan freemason. I don't think they have as much influence as people claim that they do. From what I have gathered over the years, it's pretty much a stag or a bachelor party.

What you're talking about is "skulls & bones" which people claim Bush II was a member of since college. But I thought people were giving Bush too much credit. Maybe this whole S&B slash freemasonry thing is a way of the lobbyists and bankers to push attention away from themselves and onto some invisible enemy that doesn't truly exist.

I dunno. Worth the consideration in any case.

He denies it. I don't think he acts like these creepy fraternities but I think it's because he is a constitutionalist and all the men who drafted the constitution were freemasons

http://www.ronpaul.com/misc/ron-paul-not-a-freemas...