Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Are these heels too high for a 16 year old?

I bought these a size smaller thinking they would fit but they didn't and I need to go to a mall really far away to exchange them to my size but when my mom saw it she said it looked like hooker heels and refuse to exchange them. And my dad is being annoying about it to. I'm 16 about to be 17 in July and they treat me like I'm 12. I have a life and friends and social events I could wear those to, but they don't care and say it's too high. Do you guys think these are too high for a 16 year old?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

I always say that no heel is too high for anyone. I have the same problem with my parents being very sheltering, but i love me some shoes. If you stated wearing the shoes with a dress where you can see your bare butt, then I might be a little concerned that something was going on, but with a pair of jeans or something like that they seem great! I believe heels give a woman confidence and power, until they start to kill your feet that is. :D

• 9 years ago

I don't know which heels you are talking about, because there is no picture. If you like them, that's all that matters, just don't break your neck. I've seen some outrageously high heels on a 12 year old and it looked ridiculous, but as long as you like them and you're safe when you wear them I think it's fine. Plus you AREN'T 12, so they shouldn't look that crazy on you...unless they're gladiator heels. Hehe! I just turned 17, and I know where you're coming from! Luckily I don't like heels, but if I did I would be in trouble! :P Maybe you should save them until you're older if your parents don't like them...(once you exchange them anyway)...

• Lacie
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

As long as you live in your parents house, it's their rules. Just remember when you have a daughter, you will realize how smart your parents are...and heels will haunt you. LMAO! History so repeats its self.

Source(s): I'm a parent and have had to say the same thing to my daughter as my mom said to me. ( more then once ) And it's all out of love and respect, cause moms do have other things to do...
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Listen to your parents! Do you really want to be a hooker?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

you realize you never told us how tall the heels are, right?

Hey if you parents don't approve, don't do it... unless you're the one paying for it with your own money..

• 9 years ago

You didnt say how high they where

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.