Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

A family member wants me to get a loan for them for £10,000 Please help?

Well the family member I currently live with has allowed me to live in her house without paying rent which has been a nice thing for her to do.

Even though I have a good credit rating I have never had to loan this amount of money before, and I am unsure due to currently being unemployed wether I will be able to get one anyway. I did have very good savings and have a good relationship with my bank.

However I went a bit off the rails and went through the money I had like it was water, so giving her this money is not an option for me anymore.

The thing that bothers me is if I can get a loan, wether I should go ahead and do it, if she fails to pay the loan back then I will be left high and dry and will lose my good credit rating, I also have reservations about lending money and not seeing a single penny yet being responsible for paying it back.

She will only be paying it back monthly over say three years, I worry about how it will affect my future and say me getting another loan should I need to open a business.

What would you do, please help me.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

nope! family or not, no they have bad credit for a reason.... just say you tried and you don't have enough good credit for them to do it for you .

• 9 years ago

I think because you live with the family member your at a loss, because if you say you can't do it, could this result in you being homeless? I think because you live there it has a hold on you, such as they've done you a favor now you do them one. I think being family they shouldnt put you in the situation you are in but I think they also wouldn't put you at a loss with the loan and would pay it back as family help family.

If they are close family and you can trust them then go for it, it will be a great thank you for letting you stay with them :)

• 9 years ago

no dont do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.