Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

baby ball python not eating.. Help please?

I just got him yesterday and he's maybe about 15in or so. The handler at the store said he was ready to eat, but i've been having to handle him alot because it's really cold, so i had to keep him warm. i put him in the cage first, and then tried to feed him. but he keeps shying away, and wont bite when aggravated. i wiggle the mouse (frozen mice, Fuzzies sized) but he wont even bother to smell it. thawed it and everything too... i just got him and he really likes me, but i have no idea when he was last fed so i'm a little worried. please help me! thanks!

Favorite Answer

If you have the habitat set up right your snake should be fine with the temperatures inside the tank also it's a good idea to give a new snake at least a week to acclimate to its new home before you handle it at all or before feeding it. Ball pythons are notoriously picky eaters. Mostly when they are young give your new pet a week or so to settle in and try feeding it again.

Source(s): I own a ball python and know what a pain in the skidplate they can be to feed as babies.

If you aquarium temperatures are at the right temp. then he'll be fine. You should wait a week or so before handling him and feeding him. The pet store told ya wrong! lol