Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

My crush is flirting with another girl?

My crush who is also my best guy friend has liked me since freshman year (I'm not just assuming, I know for fact) and I like him, but neither of us have done anything about it. He knows i like him too for the obvious reasons. I always flirt with him, he flirts with me, we always sit together, and he treats me different than other girls, etc.

But he's also started flirting with another girl in our group of friends. She is my friend and I know she doesn't like him 'like that.' She seems like she is flirting back, but she is very playful and would respond the exact same way if a girl was doing what my best friend does when he flirts with her. She thinks it's a game and is always doing the same thing to me, our other friends, etc.

I'm not going to lie, it hurts my feelings to see him do that. Especially since one day he'll flirt with me, then the next day flirt with her. Also, he does it directly in front of me, and sometimes I see him look at me almost like he wants to see my reaction.

Why is he doing this since he knows I like him? Can he like both of us? Is he doing it to see if I get angry or jeolous so he can see if I really do like him (that would explain why he does it and looks at me.)

This is really getting to me:( Should I make a move now before he asks out my other friend? Or should I let him ask her out and get rejected so he'll see that I'm the one that's best?

Please help!!!

Favorite Answer

Okay, well, first of all, did he actually just come out and say that he likes you? Or are you just assuming from flirting? Because I have some guy friends that flirt with me a bunch, and they do that with other girls. Once you figure that out, he might not be aware of your feelings. Because, again, did you tell him that you liked him? Or did you must flirt? He may see it as totally friendly. Also, if he knew for sure that you liked him, as in you told him, he might not think you do anymore. Maybe he was shy, and thinking you would make a move once you announced that you like each other. (actually saying it, not assuming) And since you haven't done anything, he's probably thinking that you don't like him anymore, and that you don't want to be with him. As with the flirting, he isn't really doing anything wrong. You may have said you liked him, remember actually tell him, not just infer it, but he could have given up on you, and you haven't made a move. So, of course he will flirt with other girls. Since you aren't together, you really don't have any flirting rights over him. And I know it sucks to see the guy you like flirting with someone else. I think every girl has been there. You also may want to double check if your friend likes him or not, that way you can get a better idea if the flirting is romantic or friendly, although it may be different for him or her. So, once you clear up that mess with your friend, I say make a move. Let him know you like him, and then it is up to him to decide whether or not he likes you, and then that's it. If you are too shy to say it to his face, tell him via text, (but that can easily mess up) or prod him by asking him who he likes. But I say, just come and tell him you like him. If he says yes, start something! Don't wait like you did before. And if he says no, then you still have a good friend! So, just find out if your friend likes him, then make a move. I know I wrote a lot, haha, but that's what I would do. Good luck!

Source(s): experience/my brain

Well if you're soo sure that he likes you, maybe he's doing all of that to make you jealous. He's probably trying to make you come forward in telling him that you like him too. OR to REALLY make sure! Just wait and see if he ask your friend out.

Same prob