Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ong jon asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

what are the chances the the usa is behind the assassination of nuclear scientist in iran?

God i hope not...but is this something we would do..we seem to be pretty adamant about not letting iran get nuclear weapons...i think its pretty clear we'd go to war over it, but would we pre empt war with assassination of civilians ??? God please tell me "no way !!"

Update:

how about Israel ???

Update 2:

@ "bbtalk "..thats just baby talk.the usa is more than capable ..and they certainly have done this type of thing before..ever hear of the gulf of ton kin

13 Answers

Relevance
  • TS
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I will give it a number. 33%

If you believe the US isn`t capable of things like this then you are fooling yourself. Now, that`s not saying the US did do it, just capable. I would put my money on Israel. I mean if someone told you, they would wipe you off the face of the Earth, would you wait to see if they`re lying?

• 9 years ago

Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that the USA or Israel has to be behind this?

Blowing up a scientist or two is not going to change the course of the Iranian project. This is not like the Manhattan Project, where people were doing something that had never been done before, and were exploring the outer edges of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and explosive technology, all at the same time.

The US recruited geniuses from anywhere they could find them to staff the labs, and run the experiments. Killing an Enrico Fermi, or a Neils Bohr, or a Julius Oppenheimer back then could have put a serious kink in the project.

Today, all the spadework has been done, the formulas have been created, the models have been made and proven. The knowledge already exists. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out.

So is there another explanation?

How about the fact that the Iranian government has poured billions down this rat hole, spent far longer than either the Indians or the Pakistanis took, despite paying North Korea , Pakistan, Russia and for all we know the Man in the Moon a boatload of cash for "Atomic Secrets" and have NOTHING to show for it.

You think that some powerful people are running out of patience?

Putting a bomb on the side of a car and blowing up someone who failed to meet a schedule puts a whole different meaning to the word "Deadline"

As paranoid as the Iranian leaders seem to be, what would happen if someone who was working at the new centrifuge facility was caught with a thumb drive? Especially one infected with Stuxnet? It would be time for a serious object lesson.

Iran has some pretty tight border patrols and very tight customs inspections. It would be a whole lot easier for the Revolutionary Guard to build that bomb than sneak it into the country.

The Revolutionary Guard would consider it "Motivational Exercise".

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the possibilities are high u . s . a . approximately 0.a million%, Israel approximately ninety 9.9%. Iran hasn't threatened to blow us off the face of the earth yet. they have made that possibility to Israel many circumstances. as properly, If the US needed him ineffective they could are turning out to be him with a drone. Spending massive greenbacks on militia toys is stable for the financial device. They have not out-sourced those jobs to China yet.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The assassination was likely conducted by a regional actor who prefers a military confrontation with Iran over a compromise that would permit Iran to retain nuclear enrichment capabilities, even if it doesn’t build a bomb.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well in that part of the world people are murdered every day of the week, usually by rival religious sects. Around the world scientists are killed for whatever reason every year. Check out the web pages about the mystery of murdered scientists.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I doubt America had anything to do with it.

There are MANY countries in the Middle East alone who would WANT to do it.

But there is this, these guys are fast, professional and successful.

Which doesn't sit well with the reputations of Middle East capabilities.

So who?........it's fascinating isn't it.

• Ivor
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

It's something that happens all of the time. James Bond isn't just fiction, these guys are working 24/7.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's more likely that Israel acted alone on this one but yeah the USA does do this sh1t too, they killed off JFK, Barry Jennings and Seal Team 6 to name a few, in order to protect their lies from coming out to you, the public.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The US has never worked like this.The US is not doing this, it isn't our style at all. If anything we would just straight out go to war with Iran.

Source(s): Not shedding any tears over the situation.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

About as much chance as the sun rising in the east.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.