Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I explain in a cover letter?

I'm looking to get a political internship this summer. However, I don't have much political experience. Politics is what I want to do as a career, and I'm 95% sure of that, but my resume doesn't reflect on that very well. The reason for this is that I only realized I wanted to get into politics about a year ago. I only moved to America two years ago and have had little exposure to politics in general, let alone American politics. But after living here for a year, I realized politics is really what I want to pursue. Because I only realized my passion recently, I don't have too much political things on my resume. I do have other--though unrelated but valuable--things on my resume.

In my cover letter, is it a good idea to explain the discretion? I want to show that politics is really what I want to pursue without sounding too much like a mere opportunist.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • WACO
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Google it. There is a lot of information on browsers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.