Can I use super glue on my computer?

I understand that this is possibly a very stupid question but my laptop is literally falling apart. I can't afford a new one right now and it still works but there are some cracks in it. Please, no rude or sarcastic answers.

• -
    Favorite Answer

use duct tape instead.

i dont think superglue would work and it could possibly **** your computer up.

well im assuming that your laptop is mostly made from plastic right. well super glue is awesome but not so good with plastic and if u want to really fix it nice. i would use "epoxy for plastics" but epoxy is a very powerful and permanent glue . and u only need a tiny bit.. how it works is u push the same amount from both sides of the tube then mix with like a tooth pick or something to throw away . then apply to whatever u are fixing make very sure not to get on anything but what you are gluing also you can cover an area with a coat to protect. now once the glue is in place you must hold in place with out touching to anything for like 10 min and u will know its done when its hard as rock

You can, it might not hold as well as you want it to though. Super glue has a very good tension hold, meaning it can hold two things together well when the force is trying to pull the super glue apart. Its not as strong when the force is trying to bend it sideways. You might have better luck with something like Gorrilla tape or an epoxy. JB weld for plastic "JB weld kwik plastic" would probably work well.

Glue is pretty permanent, I would consider using clear tape instead.

Use packing tape (stronger than scotch tape) and cut it precisely to the size you need with scissors.

Don't glue yourself to the laptop, you might have to get amputated.

I would go with tape. If you glue it, it could come back to haunght you if you need to get it apart again.

Sure, just use it sparingly and try not to get it on the inside of the case or on any moving parts (like the screen hinge).

I don't think so, it might ruin it even more, :/ I think you should just leave it if it still works

Source(s): My miiiiiiiind 0.o