Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Question- asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

How long would I have to wear braces for?

All of my bottom teeth are straight..

My two front teeth kind of go forward, not a lot.. but it is noticeable.

A couple of my front teeth are moved a bit forward and some, a bit deeper in.

So how long do you THINK I have to wear braces for?

I can't ask my dentist because I have no clue when my mom is going to book a consultation...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone is different, but from what you said, it sounds like you would most likely need to wear braces for two, two and a half years max, it would only be that long because you have those teeth in the front that are at different far-ness-es from the front :)

• 9 years ago

On average, people have braces for about 2 years. I had mine for 3 but it was because for whatever reason my orthodontist hardly ever tightened them so they didn't move...anyway. The less messed up your teeth are, the less time you have them on for, also the better you take care of them will help them move faster.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Probably about 4 years

• 9 years ago

It can be anything from 8-24 months, but since yours don't sound too bad, I'd say 8-14months.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.