Magic inspiration, please?

I'm trying to create my own comic-book, and for that I need some inspiration. It's gonna weigh heavily on magic and religion.

Mainly I'm gonna go with the whole "Abrahamitic God is the creator"-thingy but because of that I need some idea why he would let such power as magic to exist among mortals?

Do you have any ideas? Like Magic Rules or "He doesn't care" or Maybe God is more like the force than an entity, etc etc. I NEED SOMETHING...plausable... Please :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Su
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In the first instance, you really should become your own expert on the subject/s you want to write about. However, because I sense something very likable about you, I will offer the following by way of quotes that basically represent modern magic (at least the stuff I know).

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.” ~ Douglas Adams (British author and script-writer, 1952-2001)

“It is change, continuing change, inevitable change that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be.” ~ Isaac Asimov (Russian born American science fiction writer and Biochemist, 1920-1992)

“I like solutions that answer a variety of problems simultaneously.” ~ Philip K. Dick (American science fiction writer and essayist, 1928-1982)

“The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft (American author of fantastic and macabre short novels and stories, 1890-1937)

“Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.” ~ attributed to Hassan I Sabbah (Middle Eastern revolutionary, circa 1034-1124 CE)

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.” ~ George Bernard Shaw (Irish literary critic, playwright, and essayist. 1925 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1856-1950)

“Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes.” ~ Alan Watts (American writer, thinker and interpreter of Zen Buddhism, 1915-1973)

“All of us should treasure his (John Dillinger) Oriental wisdom and his preaching of a Zen-like detachment, as exemplified by his constant reminder to clerks, tellers, or others who grew excited by his presence in their banks: ‘Just lie down on the floor and keep calm.’” ~ Robert Anton Wilson (American author, novelist, philosopher, psychologist, essayist, editor, playwright, futurist, civil libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic, 1932-2007)

• 9 years ago

If you're gonna go with the whole "Abrahamitic God is the creator"-thingy " but want to write about magic for a comic book, you might look into a few medieval grimoire and what-not, That is, research your subject, which is what serious writers and artists do.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sorry mate i was going to give you an idea, but i just ran with it and i dont want to share it now, if you are a budding comic book writer, you should be coming up with your own ideas anyway. You have just given three suggestions in your question

• 9 years ago

Perhaps it's a sort of test? "Let's see if a select group of mortals can survive with this power. If so, I might give it to the others." He still knows how it's going to end and he's still in control, however at the same time he has to give the test for things to evolve according to his plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • halbur
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No you have got to cross additional south. The Magic Kingdom is a subject matter park inside the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, close Orlando. It is owned and operated by means of The Walt Disney Company - and opened on October one million, 1971. Designed and constructed by means of WED Enterprises (now referred to as Walt Disney Imagineering), the park's design and sights are very similar to Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, which opened in 1955. In the space past the tip of Main Street stands Cinderella Castle. Though handiest 189 ft (55m) tall, it advantages from a system referred to as pressured viewpoint. The (false) moment studies of the entire structures alongside Main Street are shorter than the primary studies, and the 3rd studies are even shorter than the moment, and the highest home windows of the fort are so much smaller than they look. The ensuing visible end result is that the structures look to be greater and taller than they rather are. Walt Disney was once encouraged by means of the studies of the Brothers Grim - the german writers of kids studies, and early on in his paintings was once watching for items to set Cinderella to. Some of the early Grim books had used illustrations from the Limberg books of hours, to encourage the woodcuts. Walt learned the best fort in Bavaria - Ironically it too was once encouraged by means of the woodcuts within the Grim studies. The perception of Schloss Neuschwanstein was once mentioned by means of Ludwig II in a letter to Richard Wagner, dated May thirteen, 1868; "It is my goal to rebuild the historical fort wreck at Hohenschwangau close the Pollat Gorge within the legit kind of the historical German knights' castles...the place is essentially the most lovely one might uncover, holy and unapproachable, a helpful temple for the divine pal who has introduced salvation and actual blessing to the sector." The coat of palms of Ludwig over the doorway to the fort.The basis stone of the constructing was once laid September five, 1869. Neuschwanstein was once designed by means of Christian Jank, a theatrical set dressmaker, as a substitute than an architect, which says so much involving Ludwig's intentions and explains so much of the fantastical nature of the ensuing constructing. The architectural potential, critical to this type of perilously-sited constructing, was once supplied first by means of the Munich courtroom architect, Eduard Riedel, and latterly by means of Georg Dollman and Leo von Klenze. The fort was once at first known as "New Hohenschwangau Castle" till the king's demise, whilst it was once re-named Neuschwanstein, the fort of the Swan Knight, Lohengrin, of Wagner's opera of the equal identify. In foundation, the fort has been the Schwanstein, the seat of the knights of Schwangau, whose logo have been the swan. However, in spite of Neuschwanstein Castle being the fashioned notion for Walt Disney in his notion for the fort within the conventional lively function Cinderella...The magic kingdoms Cinderella Castle was once tweaked slightly bit by means of the imagineers, they usually prefer a number of French castles fr thier notion, so much principally Château de Pierrefonds, Château d'Ussé, Fontainebleau, Versailles, chateaux of Chenonceau, Château de Chambord, Chaumont, and the Alcázar in Segovia, Spain. Usse was once the notion for the fashioned e-book of hours... and is known as the fort of the slumbering cosmetic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.