Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

1989 ski doo 440 carb needle turns (PLEASE HELP!!!)?

I have a 1989 ski doo safari 440 fan, its really boggie and slow and im almost positive its

the needle adjustments, does anybody know how much to turn them out each? thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • josh l
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the needle doesnt turn my friend. if you wanna turn sumthin turn the main jet,idle air, or any other jet. the needle goes up and down w/ the slide. if u take the needle out and its even adjustable, its gonna have notches in the needle so you can lower or raise it to allow more or less gas in. check ur float height first.and dont try 2 work on these if u dont know how everything works.id check a spark plug fore i tore the carb down. it'll tell you if the air/fuel mixture is off by the color of the plug.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.