Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

TK asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

Drug induced Temporary Insanity criminal defense?

I was tripping on Psylocybin, and I started having serious delusions. I thought I was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and was going to save the world. The emotions were too strong for me and no one seemed to understand so I started getting aggressive. The police were called and they came and tried to calm me down, but my thought process told me they were going to kill me. I was so scared and didn't know what to do, so I charged at the police officer and we struggled for a while and I got tazed twice, and I was told by a witness that I punched one of the 4 cops in the face. I am now being charged with battery of an officer. I am not a violent person and have never been in a fight in my entire life. Are they any lawyers out there with experience on any cases like this who might be able to tell me if I'd have any luck pleading not guilty because of temporary insanity? I have court next week

• Favorite Answer

You just told us what happened. If you were truly suffering from temporary insanity, you would not have been able to do so.

Fail

Just so you know, insanity defenses almost never succeed. They are also very expensive, hiring expert witnesses, etc. You will also spend a long time in prison or a mental facility waiting until you have been evaluated. Lots of lawyers will be willing to take such a case, provided you have the money to pay for it.

1

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database : http://criminalrecords.raiwi.com/?gNMg

I'm not a lawyer , but as I've seen insanity cases are exteremely hard to prove , and also if the drug was illegal or not prescription or overdosed , they will pin it that you took the drugs so it is your fault rather or not you were in controll of yourself , but keep in mind you can use that as a possible defense and since it's your first time , they may just give you probation and community service