Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 9 years ago

Question about state health insurance in georgia?

Im moving from Massachusetts to Georgia in march. My work doesn't offer insurance so we are on commonwealth care. Its state insurance. Im trying to find out if there is state insurance in ga as well iv got children and need insurance for them. Im not sure if the job im taking will offer some but in the mean time I need something. Can someone tell me if they have state health insurance or some type of low cost for low income? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Medicaid exists under different names in each state but you’ll have to apply for it again when you move, and the rules to qualify for assistance may vary from one state to another. Contact Georgia’s state department of insurance or department of health to learn more. You may also want to check out the non-profit Foundation for Health Coverage Education (www.coverageforall.org). They provide state by state rundowns of all the public health insurance options available.

Another option: You may find that buying health insurance on your own is a lot more affordable in Georgia compared to Massachusetts, so look into it. Work with an agent, online or off, to get quotes and compare plans for yourself and your kids. It doesn’t cost anything extra to work with an agent and it can help you save time and find the best match for your needs.

If you’re new to buying health insurance on your own, you may want to check out the health insurance buyer’s guide we published online:

http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/individual-health-...

Best of luck.

I would recommend that you visit this website where onel can compare rates from the best companies: http://insuranceforcheap.info/index.html?src=2YAki...

RE :Question about state health insurance in georgia?

Follow 8 answers

You can get quotes in just a few minutes at - SALESQUOTES.INFO-

RE Question about state health insurance in georgia?

Im moving from Massachusetts to Georgia in march. My work doesn't offer insurance so we are on commonwealth care. Its state insurance. Im trying to find out if there is state ...show more

There is some form of state insurance in every state. However, the requirements to qualify are not the same in every state. Even though your income is low enough to get state insurance in Massachusetts, it might not be low enough to get state insurance in Georgia.

You might have to get insurance the way that you get most things: By purchasing it from a company that sells it, without getting it from the state.

Get insurance quotes

Source(s): Try HTTP://INSUREQUOTE.US/comparefreequotesy9139A9913761
  • Chuck

Contact the State Dept. of Health and Welfare, they should be able to help

I propose someone to do that web paage and evaluate estimaates through diverse coorporations in your town without co st. https://tr.im/v7i9V

At COVERAGEFINDER.NET you can get and compare quotes in just a few minutes.