Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I am due for a big irs refund with the help of EIC. I recently set up payments for a student loan in default.?

I have to pay 9 months of payments in order to stop my tax refund check from being intercepted. Is it illegal to file late if I am due a refund but purposely file late to have time to make payments and avoid the interception?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The IRS makes no ensures on while a reimbursement would be paid. in the experience that your tax return has been chosen for overview, they have if truth be told limitless quantity of time to proceed with the overview, in spite of the undeniable fact that in the event that they have not asked added strategies from you interior of 6 weeks of flagging your return for overview then their inner coverage demands that they launch your return lower back to the processing queue for value of any refund by way of you. This technique is particularly computerized. The IRS has 40 5 days sort the submitting cut-off date or 60 days from the date that the return is filed, whichever is later, to deliver you your refund. in the event that they pass over that date, they are going to pay you pastime on the quantity due you on the comparable value that they charge pastime on previous due money. That value is presently 6% yet can substitute quarterly. you may not sue the IRS interior the classic experience. you may document in Tax courtroom in case you have a controversy of regulation to enhance interior the quantity or approach used to evaluate any tax that the IRS claims which you owe. The Tax courtroom many times does not evaluate claims for previous due value, by way of fact the IRS already is dedicated to pay pastime on previous due money. you may not sue ANY employer of the federal government till you have accompanied the concepts of the Federal Tort Claims Act. Your in ordinary terms declare right here stands out as the unpaid pastime on the quantity that the IRS owes, yet in view that they are going to pay that pastime while they determine your case if it is paid outdoors of the timeframes suggested before, you have not any declare under the FTCA. the situation on the rather tax due isn't lined under the FTCA; it particularly is in ordinary terms a controversy for the Tax courtroom as your first point of judicial overview.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

if your student loan has went in default they will take your refund to pay the amount owed You can call a number to see if your refund will be intercepted

• 9 years ago

If you are due a refund, you can file a late return without penalty.

• 9 years ago

Either way it is the same amount of money. Why not pay it off with the EIC? It is free money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.