Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 9 years ago

How much can a 12 year old watch computer?

My son is 12 years old in 7th grade. He gets As and Bs and is never violent but i read that they should only watch 2 hours wich is no where close to how much he normally watches and how much his friends watch. How much can he watch at the maximum.

Favorite Answer

Limit the Tv/Computer time to 2 hours on school nights and Sundays. encourage him to play outside or to focus on family oriented activities! Sit down with him and play a game that doesn't involve technology. If you let him continue with his long hours of playing games and watching TV, his good grades will fall and he will focus on his computer more instead. Not good.

• TB

If he's playing on the computer 2 hrs is a good limit because computer time can cause carpal tunnel but a few hours watching tv is OK.

Well too much computer time can cause an addiction, which is what I have although I have improved.

Watch computer? Do you mean watch television or play on the computer? I'm confused, so please re-phrase your question! Thank you!!