Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do you slow dance at a pre-teen dance?

i am a boy. i am going to a preteen dance. it's my first dance. i have no idea how to slow dance. my friend said that they do a lot of slow dances. i also don't no how to attract a girl at a slow dance.

i will also not no anyone there. it's out of town. please help!!!!!!!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dude... your first slow-dance is out of town? I'm much much older than you, but allow me to bow in respect of such awesomeness! You've got this in the bag, my man. Lemmy explain...

First, don't worry about awkward. You don't have to do any cool moves or poses, and you don't need any corny pickup lines. AND you won't have to see any of these girls the next day, so you couldn't ask for a better opportunity than this.

Now let's work on "attracting". Shower up, brush them fangs and dress sharp for this event. If a girl doesn't ask you to dance, all you need to do is ask her. Yep, just walk up and ask her. It's not like you're proposing marriage or asking to see her nekkid, it's just a dance. Remember: These girls wouldn't have come if they didn't want to dance with somebody, and you're somebody. So just ask, maybe hold your hand out if she's sitting down. Girls love that.

So you get on the dance floor, now what? Well, you put your hands on her waist (stay above the hips and below the boobies!), she puts her hands on your shoulders and you basically just turn in slow circles over and over. If you want to be formal, you put your right hand at her waist, she puts her left hand on your shoulder (see the pattern?), her other hand goes palm down in your palm-up other hand, and you turn in slow circles. That's it that's all. You can talk the whole time or just stare at her, but she'd probably prefer a bit of talking.

How do you know if you're doing it right? You don't, because it doesn't matter! You're dancing, and it's fun. If you're really really lucky, she'll pull you a little closer - but always let her do the pulling and go with it if she does. If you're really really really lucky, she'll let you move your hand from the small of her back down to the top of her bum. That, by the way, is one of the absolutely finest moments in a guy's life! ONLY do this if she pulls you right close and sort of melts on you a little, and don't grope. Never grope, not on the dance floor. You're a classy guy, and classy guys are sexier than dirtbags any day.

After the dance, you just lead her (you can still hold hands) back to her table or group and thank her politely. Offer to get her another drink if any are available.

So now you know all there is to know about slow dancing. So go make some girl's night magical, stud-muffin! Good luck.

• 5 years ago

What song makes you dance and jump around no matter where you are ? Really anything! When going to a pre teen disco did you use to run around and slide on your knees ? haha totally. Are you usually 1st on the dance floor or do you need encouragement ? Depends who I'm with. Sometimes some encouragement, but after i get use to the party I'm crazy. :] Slow dance or dirty dancing ? Both are fun. haha. Can you do any professional dance (ballet, ball room etc..) no, sadly i'm not that graceful. How would you dance to the song "Kung fu fighting" I have! Do you know the moves to "Macarena" and that step's song ? Who doesn't? haha. Most annoying song though. Cool Survey!

• Sarah
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Short, cynical answer: awkwardly.

Long answer that you want: You put your hands on her waist, and she puts her hands on your shoulders.

Real answer: Don't worry about it. Nobody else at that dance will know how to slow dance either. Are you going with anyone, like another guy friend to keep you company? If not, why are you going to an out-of-town dance? And just so you know, in ten years, when you look back at it, you'll laugh at how ridiculous and awkward it was, so enjoy whatever candy they have and don't stress about it.

• 9 years ago

slow dancing is easy :) just put your hands on her waist, she'll put her hands on your shoulders, and you just kinda sway back and forth to the beat of the song.

as for attracting a girl, just go up and ask her to dance. i know its scary, but most girls will be very flattered if a guy just walks up and asks her...she might just say yes! if she doesn't, just stay confident and you'll be fine :) good luck!!!

• 9 years ago

Well in my day, the girl puts her hands on the boys shoulders, and the boy puts his hands on the girls waist and you just rock back and forth to the music. You can talk or not, choice is yours. Just relax and know the girl is probably as nervous as you are, the more relaxed you are, the more relaxed she will be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.