Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is craiglist peronals all scammers?

all there seems to be is fake profile and people trying to get you to sign up for sites or possibly netcops

Favorite Answer

Most are scammers. There are various types

1 - escorts who are looking for new clients who will have their pimp meet you on your "date" and demand $300. One guy on Y!A posted recently about meeting some girl for a "date" and when she went to the bathroom these two big Russian guys came and demanded $500 for her time and forced him to go to the ATM and withdraw money

2 - webcam models wanting you to go to their site

3 - Russian and Nigerian scammers who profess love to you then will want you to send money

4 - fake profiles pretending they want to meet you but first want you to go to a site to "verify" your age or identity or do a background check so they know you aren't a sex offender - but you are giving your details and credit card number to an identity theft site that steals your identity and maxes out your credit card. And you'll never hear from the "girl" again

There are some real people but it's very easy to tell them from the scammers. A real girl will want to talk to you on the phone and set up a time to meet. A scammer wants you to go to some website or click on a link

At one time, I believed that all Craigslist readers were scammers. It's very frustrating when you run a legitimate ad hoping to receive serious inquiries about the item you're selling. Instead, you get jerks who can't get recruits any other way than by bothering the Craigslist advertiser. I'm sick of it. I find myself sending these scammers letters of my own, blasting them about bothering people like me. Why don't they get a real job? There are two types of scammers that I have become acquainted with. The first one is the jack a__ who doesn't bother to read the note at the bottom of a craigslist ad, which reads, "It is not okay to contact this advertiser with goods and services", etc. They want to show you how you can make money from home. Now, they're getting a lot more shrewd about the way they word their replies to your ads. Rewording will trip you up for a minute, but then you regain consciousness and realize that it's just another JERK. Then there is the so-called "buyer" who wants you to remove your ad because they are definitely buying the item. They tell you that once you have removed the ad, contact them and they will make arrangements with the postal service and issue payment, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure you've heard it already. A lot of these come from Nigeria and "underprivileged countries" Underprivileged. hah! They all have mobile phones so they can harrass everyone here in the US. I'm fed up and I'd like to know what we can do about it. I want it to end! I have my own website and I don't need to go to anyone else's site to find out how to make money from home. The other scammer who wants you to remove your ad so he/she can buy it is so, so old. They've been trying to do this for years. Craigslist even warns against frauds like this. These people need to get a life and get real jobs.

Source(s): Yahoo, Craigslist