Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Katie asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

What should I do if I accidentally brush my teeth too hard, causing the gums to disappear?

I went to the dentist recently to find that just the 2 front teeth on my bottom row don't have that much gum compared to the rest. The gums are starting to wear down. They said it's because I brush too hard. They recommended that I use an electric toothbrush, which I do now, and to be more gentle when brushing.

I'm very concerned that I will have to get gum surgery, or worse, have my teeth fall out?

Any advice?

If it helps, I have braces and I'm 13.

Thanks in advance!

Just brush more gently & you'll be fine.

Brush it lightly, it might come back.

Source(s): A good friend