Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kiki asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

Is it fair for my dad to take my birthday money for gas?

he took about 20 bucks of my birthday money cuz he needed gas and milk

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

no it's not fair. but most often the good of the family comes first. if the family is truly too broke to buy milk or gas, i'm sure you would be most eager to help out. but if you're not, your father would pull rank and use your money to take care of necessities. not fair, but nothing is. now if he needs gas and milk money because he blew his whole check on a bag of weed..... then that's not only unfair, it's disgusting and i'm sorry for you. i would hope you can see the error of his way and not fall into such a debauched lifestyle. speak your concerns respectfully only because you're better for it, but cut your losses. most of all, if he's really in the gutter, don't get in the gutter with him to point that out. it will not help you.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's not appropriate. People didn't give you money so your dad could spend it, they gifted you money so you could treat yourself to something you like. I know I would give someone money if I knew their dad was going to take it away from them.

• 9 years ago

Not awesome, but if he needed the money it's appropriate. Hopefully he'll pay you back.

• 9 years ago

I think this happened to me once.. and your family is low on money.. tell him to get a job..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No, it's not fair.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.