My friend has changed, and it's upsetting. Any advice?

So, we started high school a few months ago (so were in grade 9)..

We made plans over the summer to sit with each other every day at lunch and to meet each other in the mornings before first period begins..

Lately, she's been hanging out with other people; One person is emo/goth..another is in grade 11..who has tattoos and is dating a grade 9..

My friend has been changing her attitude/looks... She started styling her hair differently, she got spacers in her ears (which she told me she would never get), she's starting not to care about school..and she doesn't mind skipping classes (which is the OPPOSITE of what she was like before)..

We used to talk all the time, and text each other every night, and we used to tell each other EVERYTHING..

NOW...she barely talks to me, she never texts me anymore (I'm not ever exaggerating...not one text), She doesn't tell me anything..she doesn't want to meet me in the mornings anymore, and she doesn't want to sit with me at lunch because she wants to go hang out with her other friends..

I don't have a lot of friends, so I can't just forget about her...I have only 4 friends..(including her), my other friend makes out with her boyfriend all the time..and then two other normal friends...

Anyways, what should I do?

(Sorry it's so long..)

Oh, and she has a bad attitude..so if I try to talk to her about it..she will get mad at me..tell me to leave her alone..and then complain to people about our fight and how I'm "changing"...

Favorite Answer

Yeah... pretty much all my friends turned on me around 8th grade. don't worry, you'll make better friends who will love you like family and then you won't even think about the old ones anymore..

Just gonna burn bridges i guess..that's what I did.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I give you a star :D

I went through a very similar situation when I was in 9th grade, except worse possibly. My best friend found a new group of friends (punks) and I wasn't "cool" enough to be included in their awesome lifestyle so she basically ostracized me and turned everyone she could against me. Started bad rumors about me. All that good stuff. She also turned our mutual best friend against me. I found new friends who are great people that I'm still friends with to this day (I'm now 21) The mutual friend who stopped hanging out with me because of my evil friend ended up missing me and we were right back to normal after about a year. Don't waste your time with this person who is more concerned about creating a cool image for herself rather valuing her important friendships. You don't need that. You can get through this, I know it's tough, but believe me, it's doable. I was practically friendless for awhile. I had one friend left. For like a whole year. It was sad. But Im a much stronger person now and I have plenty of friends these days. Keep your dignity, be nice and don't change for anyone. I promise you, it will bite her in the ***. Find new friends who hold more importance on retaining authentic relationships and being genuine. You are more mature than her and she WILL finish last.

That's normal. What happened is what she took the wrong path, and you're on the right one. This is what is currently happening to the girl I thought was my best friend and I... She's partying every weekend and I'm not, I'm focused on what I should be focused on. She doesn't really invite me to do anything anymore but we talk and tell each other stuff still! It's different though. Don't worry :) you'll meet someone else nice! Don't lose hope. <33

WOAH. WOW. UMMMM. Huh. Seems to me your friend has hit that stage where either you take the right or wrong path. She chose the wrong one... And I would not follow her on it either. I know this is hard to believe, but you shouldn't be friends with her anymore. Just saying... It's not a good idea. I mean if you just have small talk every time she comes up to you than go ahead but other than that treat her like you do to everyone else you may not know very well

Well you should talk to her parents and her about this issue. If she doesnt want to talk about it, maybe she changed over the summer and been hanging out with other people who has a bad influence on her and they changed her. This problem reminds me of a book I read before, it was called "How I Survived Middle School".

Source(s): www.middleschoolsurvival.com

You will have to be flattered however believe me its will get unhealthy and worrying and oh guy its terrible, you will have to jus allow her down convenient jus be like Hey, I'm flattered you appear as much as me and that I'm like a function mannequin to you, however i wish to be myself and also you must, too, so please I'll support you with what ever you wish to have simply be ur self that is why you my pal.

Let her be. U will meet new friends who are better than that. She skips classes and all probably not a good influence.