Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Found out my ex got married, why does it bother me?

I am in love with my current boyfriend like I have never been with anyone before,but today, I found out that one of my ex's, the guy I lost my virginity to, got married. I saw him pop up on the side of my facebook as we have mutual friends so I just clicked to see and saw that. My heart sank. I know he treated me like **** and I would NEVER want to be with him, but why is that affecting me?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably because it means he is truly over you. A lot of us like to think after a break up that our ex will never really move on, it's a harmless fantasy that boosts your ego a bit. You will get over it.

• cottle
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm sorry to assert this, yet certain you've gotten over him, or maybe forgotten about him, even with the undeniable fact that the in undemanding words reason it bothers you is that there remains some part of you that needs something ought to have lengthy gone extra useful between you and him. He changed into incorrect for dishonest on you. yet when he feels that she's the single, then he has made his decision. i'm hoping he can follow it. besides you're extra useful off besides. If he changed into dishonest on you, he obviously did not deserve you. So do not enable it hardship you that he's choosing to marry her. only visit mattress understanding that he's her problem now.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nostalgia, a tinge of jealousy and a sense of Lost love.

All very normal.....relax.

• Because we don't like to think that we can be 'replaced'....in your heart, he misses you. The reality is, he doesn't. He got married.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Because him getting married means (in your subconscious) that his relationship is more successful that yours. Even though it may not be the case.

• 9 years ago

Because you were close at one time and it hurts.

• 9 years ago

You have history, nothing more/nothing less

• bull
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

JUST THINK ABOUT WHY HES YOUR X...OR REMEMBER

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.