Kristopher asked in PetsFish · 9 years ago

Can fish eat themselfs to death?

I have 8 tiger barbs and feed them 3 times day in about 1:30 min intervals.I dont know if im over feeding? none of the food ends up at the bottom but just dont want my fish to get bloat? one of my fish looks like it has a fat stomach but swims fine what is it?

Is it fine that i feed them 3 times a day and what they can finish in 1:30 mins?

so can fish eat too much and die?

Favorite Answer

yes they can from my guess they will eat to much and then just float at the bottom and starve to death.

the only danger i know of related to food is that you may pollute the tank with uneaten food.

There is no reason to feed them that much. Once a day is plenty.

yes, especially if you are feeding them Freeze Dried foods with-out soaking it for a few minutes before adding it to your tank as the Freeze Dried foods EXPANDS when it is added with water thus filling your fish more than it expected