Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Did you know the singer "Yvonne Elliman" who sang "If I Can't Have You" from the late 70's, that she is ..?

of asian descent. I am watching this on the channel as I type this now. I did not know that. I had never seen her before. Interesting.

Good narrative green guy. This Yvonne is a cutie pie. I had never seen her before.

Favorite Answer

I thought she was Hawaiian, but that could certainly mean one or both of her parents is Asian.

We first heard her as Mary Magdalene with the hit "I Don't Know How To Love Him" From Jesus Christ Superstar.

Thanks for the memories of my younger days and of a beautiful and talented lady.

Yvon of the Yukon is about a French explorer, Yvon Ducharme, who became frozen in an ice block in the Yukon after being knocked off his boat. While the exact date of his going overboard is unclear, his apparent devotion to "King Louis" (Louis XIV of France) indicates that it was before the French Revolution, implying that Yvon had spent 300 years cryogenically frozen in the ice. Luckily for Yvon, he was defrosted when the block of ice that held him was urinated on by a sled dog owned by Tommy Tukyuk, an Inuit teenager. According to the song in the opening, this was "some irony". The show follows the adventures of Yvon as he attempts to adjust to life in the Yukon whilst the residents of the town of Upyer Mukluk do the same. It takes place in the fictional town of Upyer Mukluk, Yukon, "the hottest cold town in the Arctic, midway between Shivermetimbers and Frostbottom Falls".

She looks kind of Asian I love that song!

• Yes I actually knew that.

Yup ! -And She was a "Hottie"- in the '60's Movie version of "Romeo & Juliet" - too !!! ;)

Source(s): -Ask ANY Guy who was in His Teens- at the Time... ;)

Cool I guess

YES!

• Cookie

No...I didn't know that !

• Hannah

No....