Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Did you know the singer "Yvonne Elliman" who sang "If I Can't Have You" from the late 70's, that she is ..?

of asian descent. I am watching this on the channel as I type this now. I did not know that. I had never seen her before. Interesting.

Update:

Good narrative green guy. This Yvonne is a cutie pie. I had never seen her before.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I thought she was Hawaiian, but that could certainly mean one or both of her parents is Asian.

We first heard her as Mary Magdalene with the hit "I Don't Know How To Love Him" From Jesus Christ Superstar.

Thanks for the memories of my younger days and of a beautiful and talented lady.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yvon of the Yukon is about a French explorer, Yvon Ducharme, who became frozen in an ice block in the Yukon after being knocked off his boat. While the exact date of his going overboard is unclear, his apparent devotion to "King Louis" (Louis XIV of France) indicates that it was before the French Revolution, implying that Yvon had spent 300 years cryogenically frozen in the ice. Luckily for Yvon, he was defrosted when the block of ice that held him was urinated on by a sled dog owned by Tommy Tukyuk, an Inuit teenager. According to the song in the opening, this was "some irony". The show follows the adventures of Yvon as he attempts to adjust to life in the Yukon whilst the residents of the town of Upyer Mukluk do the same. It takes place in the fictional town of Upyer Mukluk, Yukon, "the hottest cold town in the Arctic, midway between Shivermetimbers and Frostbottom Falls".

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

She looks kind of Asian I love that song!

• Yes I actually knew that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yup ! -And She was a "Hottie"- in the '60's Movie version of "Romeo & Juliet" - too !!! ;)

Source(s): -Ask ANY Guy who was in His Teens- at the Time... ;)
  • 9 years ago

Cool I guess

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

YES!

• Cookie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No...I didn't know that !

• Hannah
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.