Have searched & asked, but no info forthcoming, is my dog pregnant?

I have champion bred Labradors, (multiple titles on both sides of lineage for each). They are being line bred, because of the quality of the lineage purchased from a professional breeder. Both are certified in the NUMEROUS areas that it needs to be done in, hips & heart among the few. Both are registered & old... show more I have champion bred Labradors, (multiple titles on both sides of lineage for each). They are being line bred, because of the quality of the lineage purchased from a professional breeder. Both are certified in the NUMEROUS areas that it needs to be done in, hips & heart among the few. Both are registered & old enough. My dam is 2 yrs and the sire is 15 mons. He is a little young, but he is such good stock, that we couldn't resist. I am new to breeding, but am doing it by the book and excited to better the breed as I think these two will. The male is the apple of my eye! I really can't wait to see the puppies these two produce. We go to the vet, but our apt is next week. Too far!

Here is the problem. She started her pre estrus on the 15th of Nov. it seemed she started her estrus cycle on T Day. Unfortunately, I have an 87 year old grandmother that we had to visit, so we left the babies in care of a babysitter. Unfortunately again, she wasn't able to stay over every single night. I came home right after T Day, making the trip as short as possible. On T Day, my sire started going bat crazy for the dam. Signaling the next stage of her cycle, correct?

For the next week and possibly due to him being younger, she was never accepting. She wouldn't stand. At the end of the week, I did see her flag a few times, but never penetration. She would flag, he'd go too high and then she would sit. I left them free at night with no problems, so I am unaware if the two tied then.

Because of her lack of acceptance, his lack of ability, her lack of standing - I assumed that they did not mate. In my research, I read that sometimes females are not accepting until after their first litter. Hm! It just didn't seem to work out and I didn't want to force her.

It's now Jan 10th. With calculations she could be 5 weeks pregnant, a late mated 4 weeks, or an early mated 6 weeks.

Her nipples have grown and grown. They sag about an inch to two inches and is most definitely a handful when held. But could that be from a false pregnancy or just from the heat itself?

I am questioning a pregnancy because she has gained quite a bit of weight in the past month. Her back, especially by her rib cage is wider. I've read that large breed dogs sometimes carry there and their rib cages do broaden. So she is heavier, with saggy nipples. With a tiny faint bulge, under her ribs, where you would expect.

On top of that her temperament has changed significantly! It's the first thing I noticed. One of her favorite activities was to chase me around with the vacuum cleaner. Crazily (& most frustratingly) it was her favorite toy. She now runs and hides from it. She runs and hides from everything! She used to be so brazen, fearless, undisturbed by anything and now it's like she's always running to her kennel to hide. She was never very dominant before, but now she is mounting my stud and others. She "talks" more, seems upset more. Often sits and makes a low noise that almost sounds like rolling the spanish R. She's changed.

Her stomach isn't distended or hardened AT ALL. Seems flat where her nipples are & squishy. Could possibly be too early for that and I know not all dogs do, but it seems like she should be a lHer gums don't look any less pink. We have a stethoscope, but all I hear is gurgling and weird random thumps. At one point, I did hear a steady heart beat, but sounded too slow for a pup.

Her nipples don't seem any "harder" than usual. Just bigger & saggier.

Her vuvlva did look swollen before Xmas, but that could have just been the diestrus stage. Looking at it now, its definitely "thick", but doesn't look swollen. I cant remember what it looked like pre heat though. A week ago, I found light colored, faded-ish pink stains on her bedding, but no clear mucus like substance.

I also tried palpitations, but felt no walnut shaped balls. At one point, while she was sprawled on her back, I felt a lump in her abdomen that was much larger than a walnut size. Finger length and completely solid, flat, but curved downwards at both ends. Was it a part of her body or a pup?

I am desperately trying to figure it out now! I take them on 2 mile bike rides and want to hold off if she is, but if not, not keep her from that joy. Plus, if she is, I want to start her on a preggo diet. If she is just gaining weight, I don't want to add to it!

The things we do will change if she is pregnant and a week away get appointment is too far. Nothing can be done.

Please help!
Update: I spell checked 4 times with the website and self checked, plus have auto correct on, on my iPad - but this still some how slipped past: "Her stomach isn't distended or hardened AT ALL. Seems flat where her nipples are & squishy. Could possibly be too early for that and I know not all dogs do, but it... show more I spell checked 4 times with the website and self checked, plus have auto correct on, on my iPad - but this still some how slipped past:

"Her stomach isn't distended or hardened AT ALL. Seems flat where her nipples are & squishy. Could possibly be too early for that and I know not all dogs do, but it seems like she should be a lHer gums don't look any less pink"

Ment to say ; it seems like she should be slightly distended or hardened. Not the flat look her stomach has!