Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Bud Selig is commissioner for life?

He said when he took over as acting commissioner he would never take the job full time and now 20 years later he is once again accepting another extension.

Update:

The 1994-1995 stoppage was while he was acting commissioner.

Update 2:

How can anyone give Selig credit for drug testing? He is the very guy that was commissioner at the height of the "steroid era" and kept telling the FBI there was no problem.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It bothers me as a baseball fan that this clown got an extension again. What has he done to better the game? He ignored the steroid issue until Congress forced him to do something about it, he made a meaningless game in the middle of the summer determine HFA in the WS, he split up the east and west divisions which make more sense than the current allignment. And don't get me started on how much I hate interleague baseball. If things would return to the pre-1969 format with the top 4 teams in each league making the playoffs then I'm all for it. I don't think we need division's we need to balance the schedule out so that each team plays each other the same amount of games, an AL team would play 13 teams 12 times each for a total of 156 games, should of got rid of the Marlins and Nationals when ya had the chance and brought the NL down to 14 teams with the same thing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Fay Vincent is ideal about this because Pete Rose is banned from baseball for existence that the guidelines must be both enforced or reinstate him by using the present baseball commissioner Bud Selig yet Pete Rose has been eye-catching this being banned from baseball for existence because that Bud Selig took over because the commissioner and the charm has been sitting on Seligs table for some years now

• 1) Let me see, Nationwide Television Contracts keep increasing in amount.

2) Local Television contracts keep increasing in amount.

3) Merchandise Sales keep going up.

4) No Labor Stoppages since 1994-1995.

5) Television Ratings are Higher.

6) Increased revenue all across the boards.

7) Increased Random Drug Testing and Tougher Penalties imposed.

All In All The Major Leagues Baseball Owners are happy with Bud Selig and see no reason to make someone else Commissioner.

• 9 years ago

The owners are satisfied with his performance, and Selig is willing to continue in the role. So... as long as he keeps wanting the job, and the owners keep seeing revenue growth, he'll be their commissioner.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Nah; "for life" isn't ambitious enough.

They'll retain his services even after he's officially pronounced dead. Just arrange a weekly seance, probably channeled live on MLB Net, and everything will continue pottering along its merry way in the executive suites, business offices, and upon the diamonds of play.

• 9 years ago

The owners are offering him an extension, but he hasn't said he's going to accept it- yet.

• 9 years ago

selig ruined the sport, by allowing steroids to continue for decades, and thus messed up all of the sacred records in baseball. on the other hand, he's made billions for the players and owners

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Bud Selig is a smart guy like me! He is good for baseball!

Go Yanks!

• 9 years ago

Good.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Okay with me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.