Christians, when you die and go to hell to burn forever, will you accept Jesus's teachings then?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Seeing as this is asked of atheists this all the time, it's time to find out how you feel about eternal torment being threatened upon you. Now you can't say that you KNOW ...show more
Update : For anyone stating, "false doctrine" and then stating another ...show more
Update 2: jojojubi...Someone saying they believe something, is nothing compared to ...show more
Update 3: Lux...This isn't an argument to turn theists into atheists. It's ...show more
Update 4: Fireball...I'm not a doubter. I am gnostic atheist. I know.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Know doesn't really mean know.

It's really quite infuriating.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
You are one of the few answers, but not the only that examined their beliefs, rather than shutting out the question. We might be delusional from theism or anti-theism, but the disorder comes in levels of affect. Why the REALLY crazy people get to walk around and not take meds...I dunno.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Christian sinner answered 2 years ago
    The Christians who are not saved are actually referred to in the Parables of Jesus, and in the writings of Paul.

They are those who God rejects for various reasons.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • White Wolf answered 2 years ago
    Why would you use something you don't believe in to get Christians to not believe in it? Why use that argument?

If I go to hell, it's because I failed at believing Jesus's teachings. I wasn't genuine in my beliefs. It's my responsibility, I accept it. However, I have faith in Jesus's promise.

Like Pascal said, I have everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in these teachings.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jojojubi answered 2 years ago
    The question is illogical, since Christians by definition already have accepted Jesus's teachings. Christians and atheists are in full agreement on one thing: the atheist will not inherit eternal life.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Chapter and Verse answered 2 years ago
    They say we are robots so what they feel will be a function as it is now. Who know what justice they are in for?
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Steven lishman answered 2 years ago
    Id be happy to go to hell, just to watch their faces..
    plus im partial to the use of "safe words"
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Yeah maybe...

Depending on how Pascal's Wager turns out.
    .
    • 1
    • Comment
  • fokker - it's an airplane! answered 2 years ago
    I don't think hell is "burning forever." I think it is being left without God, because you didn't want to be with Him.

Yes, if I were committed to hell, there wouldn't be much reason for me NOT to believe in the truth, since I would have it.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Graeme Macdonald answered 2 years ago
    The thief on the cross went to heaven, so lets just say Christians repent in a pretty darn similar fashion, and boom - saved.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • No Chance Without Jesus answered 2 years ago
    There are no atheists in hell...by the time they get there, they believe....but too late
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• bugs again answered 2 years ago
    jojo is correct. If one is a Christian, he is by definition forgiven. Your question was not directed toward people who claim to be Christian but are not. And anyone who calls himself a gnostic atheist should not be lecturing others on critical thinking skills. You claim to know that which cannot be known--at least not unless you have actually traveled through all dimensions existing beyond space-time and fully understood what you experienced. That shows you to be more illogical than theists, who at least admit that their beliefs are based largely on faith.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • HOLYROLLER answered 2 years ago
    1st I'm not going to burn,I have a Promise from Jesus, 2nd If you do not,then live it up now,because on your death bed,someone will see,not so sure of yourself now,hu
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Bluebird answered 2 years ago
    Hell is just the grave. Man has corrupted the biblical meaning of that word to mean a place of fiery torment. This is a pagan teaching from ancient Babylon. If God had created a place of torment for sinners he would have told Adam and Eve. All he told Adam was that if he ate of the fruit he would die. What is death? The Bible explains. (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6) 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.
    So how would you know if you were burning or not? God says the wages for our sins is death. (Romans 6:23) 23 For the wages sin pays is death,. . .
    So again we see that word death. Not eternal torment. Mankind has taken symbolic scriptures and made them literal. Such as (Revelation 20:14-15) 14 And death and Ha'des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.
    Now how can death and hades be thrown into anything? If Hades is hell, why would God throw it into itself? Hell and hades are just the grave. So this verse has more meaning if you understand that death and the grave are destroyed forever. That is what the lake of fire represents. Total destruction. Then Rev 21:4 makes more sense also because it says that death will be no more. No death, no graves. For more info go to www.watchtower.org
    • 1
    • Comment
  • G Parker answered 2 years ago
    The Bible declares that the dead are “conscious of nothing at all.” At death there is no torment in hellfire, no agonizing wait in Limbo, but simply a return to the dust. Therefore, God’s Word advises the living: “All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10; Genesis 3:19) “Sheol” is an unfamiliar term to many. It is a Hebrew word of uncertain derivation. Many religions teach that the dead are still alive, but as the inspired Word of God shows, those in Sheol are dead, without consciousness. Sheol is the common grave of mankind.
    Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day because they made each of their disciples “a subject for Gehenna.” (Matthew 23:15) Back at that time, people were familiar with the Valley of Hinnom, an area used as a garbage dump where bodies of executed criminals who were deemed unworthy of a proper burial were deposited. Earlier, Jesus himself had made mention of Gehenna in his Sermon on the Mount. (Matthew 5:29, 30) Its symbolic meaning was clear to his listeners. Gehenna represented complete destruction without hope of a resurrection.

Source(s):

The Bible
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • 2 Shepherds answered 2 years ago
    You don't understand or know God or His word, so you will not understand that scripture does not mention hell in the context you mean. Hell is translated as the grave, which where the dead are buried, in both testaments.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mrs. Frankfurt answered 2 years ago
    Fireball is going to hell for trying to do God's job, condemning people and sentencing them to hellfire when she's in no place to do so.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Fireball answered 2 years ago
    wrong we sleep in graves which is hell...WE ARE ALREADY born again and we will rapture..Yes i can cuz I believe God. You are the doubter. Why do you care?
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock